Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm new to these forums and have recently purchased a 307 HDI 110. Its a 2002 model and I am having some difficulties.

The idle on the car is lumpy and rough (cold). The car heats up to not above 80 deg and the lumpy idle goes away. The temperature guage will thereafter drop and rise between 80 and 0 deg whilst sitting at traffic lights for example. When the guage goes bown to o the idle starts to become lumpy and rough again. Im also not getting good MPG.

Any Ideas.

Kind regards.

Dougie.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi there, I'm new to these forums and have recently purchased a 307 HDI 110. Its a 2002 model and I am having some difficulties.

The idle on the car is lumpy and rough (cold). The car heats up to not above 80 deg and the lumpy idle goes away. The temperature guage will thereafter drop and rise between 80 and 0 deg whilst sitting at traffic lights for example. When the guage goes bown to o the idle starts to become lumpy and rough again. Im also not getting good MPG.

Any Ideas.

Kind regards.

Dougie.
hi you need to get a diag with plannet but if temp is going up and down are u losing water if not could be faulty temp sensor sticking thermostat could be many things best thing to do is to fix it and sell it as its the 110 and get the 90 best advice i can give you as these engines are a nightmare for developing faults give someone else the problem of the 110

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha, thanks for that. I'm not loosing water and have just bought the thing. Think Ill try the sensor and if that doesnt work Ill punt it. Can you advise what sensor I'm looking for.

cheers.

Dougie.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to replace the Coolant Temp Sensor and this has sorted out the temperature guage problem.

the car is running slightly better although still a bit lumpy on idle on occassion. Should there be a big difference in the idle of the car with the MAF disconected? Ive disconected it and there doesnt appear to be any difference in the running.

I'm also getting a low turbo presure fault on the diagnostics. The engine management light comes on then goes off after five mins or so. occassionaly the car will go into limp home mode. any ideas?

wondered id EGR valve being blocked would cause these issues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The MAF sensor won't realy noticably affect the idle as the ECU has default settings if the signal is beyond a certain range. I've recently disconnected mine as I'm experiencing a lack in boost (I have alot of damage bits of the induction piping though). My MPG and power actually improves with the MAF off. I would attribute this simply to the fact its putting more diesel into the mix but I'm not accelerating hard for long periods of time to get it moving. First thing I'd look at is substituting the electro valve that controls the EGR with a known good one and see if the engine management fault occurs again. This is alot easier than removing the EGR valve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A small update. Ok a friend plugged the car into planet. Low turbo pressure fault. Running at about 88%. Reference pressure approx 1230 actual about 1140 ish!. Also dpf figure going up to about 190 during acceleration. Forced regeneration and dpf figure reduced to about 50. Forgive me but I dont know the units. Im hoping anyone reading this will understand what im blethering about! Not getting any dpf faults displayed only low turbo pressure. Car runs fine after regen but only briefly then power loss again. Onto planet and dpf figure up to 190 again!

Turbo solenoid changed, no change. Maf ok and no egr faults displayed. Car still lumpy idle with no horrible stuff from exhaust. Starts well. Whining noise from turbo that goes with the revs. Any ideas, dodgy turbo or dpf?

Please help.

Dougie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts