Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've had a bit of a nightmare with my 307 of late. I took it to Dijon on holiday and started to get a really bad vibration coming though the car.

Anyway, a few hire cars later and I was home. A few weeks later and the car was finally shipped home.

It had been to a Peugeot dealership in France and they had diagnosed the fault as the air flow meter. I wasn't convinced by their dignostics and at £400 with a 6.5hr train journey back I wasn't prepared to take the risk and refused the work.

Now the car is back, I've had a chance to drive it.

It seems to be OK below between 30-40mph, you can still feel a wobble but nothing drastic, not for a 307 anyway!

Above around 50 in 4th or 5th gear seems to be when it's at it's worst. Coasting downhill or on the clutch makes the vibration go away.

Doing 50-60mph in 3rd, revving the nuts off of it seems to be OK, only a slight wobble.

It's more noticeable in 4th or 5th above 50mph when accelerating/going up hill.

By the way, the car does not have a dual mass flywheel and has a solid clutch conversion which was done around 40-50k miles ago.

Any ideas? Could Peugeot diagnostic of an air flow meter cause these vibrations? or is the clutch/gearbox/driveshaft of the way out?

Regards,
Michael

·
11,725 Posts
A faulty air flow meter would make the car sluggish.

A Planet diagnostic will show up any fault in it, P0101 - P0104 are the codes relating to it.

There's a chance yours may be faulty, but its not the problem and won't cure what I think is a mechanical issue.

Try unplugging the connector to your MAF and see how things go. The car will work in a "default" mode without it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that would be the case, the car doesn't feel very sluggish at all.

I have Planet but haven't had chance to plug it in yet.

Didn't think their diagnostics was correct. My first thought was that the driveshaft was on the way but there's no noise coming from the car at all.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
The airflow meter makes sense to me. If I'm in 4th or 5th gear going uphill behind slow traffic my car tends to get what I call the shudders a bit like the car feels like its rocking backwards and forwards which is just because the speed is too slow for the gear I'm in. Dropping down a cog smooths it out. If the car isn't getting the right amount of air then it will upset the combustion so could cause the effect you are experiencing. I believe a MAF can be bought from ebay for around £30 ish and they aren't too difficult to replace so it wouldn't be too expensive to find out if Peugeot France were correct.

·
5,664 Posts
Usual items tyre, wheels etc but i would think dipping the clutch would make no difference. I would check drive shafts & CV joints a failing joint can have play which gives vibration and also gearbox and bottom engine mount can contribute also if any other noise from engine area etc possible DMF issue?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's taken me a while a look at the car but finally got round to changing the MAF at the weekend.

It's made no difference though unfortunately :(

I think it may be transmission related as it does judder badly over 50mph and as soon as clutch is dipped the vibrations go away.

Also plugged it into Planet and it was showing the MAF was screwed nothing else wrong though! I've not plugged back into Planet since clearing the fault to see if it goes away though.

Also tried running the car with the MAF unplugged, which made no difference.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone else had experience of this?

I don't really want to get the car pulled apart to try and find the problem but it's looking like I may have to.

The juddering is noticeable on acceleration, disappears when not accelerating and very noticeable from 50mph upwards.

As soon as the clutch is dipped the vibration/judder stops.

Could it be the EGR? No errors on it in Planet?

Cheers,
Michael

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had the car back on Planet

The following is showing:
EGR valve electrovalve OCR 5%
EGR throttle electrovalve OCR 5% (was 95% when car was first started)

These figures are when car is idle (dont change by revving etc)

Is this right?

The car shakes like mad at 70mph.

I have replaced the airflow meter MAF also and reset the fault codes but im still getting "Permanent Fault Flowmeter Signal open circuit or short circuit on earth"

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this isn't a 307 but I had a focus which I fitted a new clutch too which had a weird wobble after 40mph which went away with the clutch down, got worse when accelerating and turned out to be the balancing bearing on the drivers side driveshaft

1 - 11 of 11 Posts