Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I hope you guys/girls could help me,

I've recently bought a 02 plate 307 2.00 hdi 110 bhp I think, when the motor is cold and I havent gone on a long run the gear changes are ok aren't great, but can get through gears on first attempt.

once the engine and gear box is warm, changing gears get very stiff and sometimes takes two or three attempts to get into desired gear (however this isn't always the case).

I recently bought the car off a back yard maccy. and he was fixing lower control arm, and the drive shaft popped out, so he topped the gear box oil.
anyways I checked it today and the dick put too much in, so ive drained it to the desired level. changes are a little better. if he put the wrong oil in would it make the changes more difficult?? or do you think it may be another fault causing the heavy changes any support will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
bryce

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Put the correct oil in. Modern cars are very sensitive to incorrect lubricants. How did you drain to the correct level?. All the diesel 307s I've come across only have a drain plug, and you simply add 1.9 litres of oil via the breather.

Roger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts