Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, My mate has a 307 hdi 110, tried to get ecu reflashed - and cleared ecu.

I have sourced a ECU,matching Ignition key & barrel, transponder & drivers lock, ALL FROM THE SAME CAR....DRIVERS SIDE ACCIDENT DAMAGED)

I swapped the Ecu, Ignition barrel, transponder etc hoping that all would be good.

the car now has fuel pump noise at ignition position (which it didnt have before when the old ecu got wiped)

the ignition lights are coming on and the orange engine fault light is staying lit .
the car turns freely but just refuses to start.

I thought Replacing the Ecu , key, transponder etc etc would get me round this problem...
is there anything else i should have replaced / reset??


any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,733 Posts
gary_turbo said:
HI, My mate has a 307 hdi 110, tried to get ecu reflashed - and cleared ecu.

I have sourced a ECU,matching Ignition key & barrel, transponder & drivers lock, ALL FROM THE SAME CAR....DRIVERS SIDE ACCIDENT DAMAGED)

I swapped the Ecu, Ignition barrel, transponder etc hoping that all would be good.

the car now has fuel pump noise at ignition position (which it didnt have before when the old ecu got wiped)

the ignition lights are coming on and the orange engine fault light is staying lit .
the car turns freely but just refuses to start.

I thought Replacing the Ecu , key, transponder etc etc would get me round this problem...
is there anything else i should have replaced / reset??


any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gary.
Did you save all settings in old ecu and make sure new one the same,did you reconfigure new ecu in the bsi or it will not recognise it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you reconfigure settings in the BSI???

I have swapped old ecu for used new ecu, with key, transponder, barrel.

what do i need to do to reset the BSI???

Cheers,
Gary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ment to add this??? does this reset BSI???
Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

Cheers, Gary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does it need to be peugeot planet??much does this cost roughly??? i have a kts 650 will this do the trick??
ive never had dealings with peugeot cars , and this is just a 1 off thank god!!

ive had enough of it already!!

so.....everything i have done so far is ok, and now i need to add new ECU to bsi....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,733 Posts
yes the bsi will not recognised the ecu so stop it from starting , planet only sorry to say , so its dealer "ouch" or post where you are to see if any members near you .
you will need the transponder code as well £20 from dealer or if you post your vin i`ll get it for free but could take a day .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Arghhhh!!!!
right.....transponder code...... will this not have changed, as i have changed ecu etc......will you need the VIN from the donor car?? i can get this no probs.

maybee a daft thought.....but would it not be easier for me to get the BSI from the donor car??? as the full car is available at the local breakers.

where is this located??

if this is replaced should it be able to run?? or do you see any more problems?

Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.

Im Just outside Glasgow / scotland.

Thanks,
Gary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,733 Posts
you might get away with it , post the vin of the car you`re working on would think trying this would be easier than changing bsi over.

ps we have no planet in scotland at minute
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is it the BSI that controls the engine immobiliser then??
i thought the immobiliser was incorporated into the Engine ecu

btw the ecu is EDC15c2.

ill post the cars vin that im working on, and the Vin of the donor car tomorrow, as im now home.

Right now....id swap my KTS 650 for the planet to get it out my face!! :)
maybee a thought getn 1 then!

should the local peugeot garage do this for me if i explain everything?

Do u know where the BSI is located?? is it another controll unit like the ECU ?
Thanks,
Gary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that sounds like a plan.....how do i get his contact details??
i just read there that the bsi can be swapped but as u correctly said, must be matching with ECU :) ( its good to get decent help sometimes) :) ....ill remove the BSI tomorrow from the donor car, as ill get it for a few quid, worth a try rather than spend £££ at peugeot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,733 Posts
gary_turbo said:
is it the BSI that controls the engine immobiliser then??
i thought the immobiliser was incorporated into the Engine ecu

btw the ecu is EDC15c2.

ill post the cars vin that im working on, and the Vin of the donor car tomorrow, as im now home.

Right now....id swap my KTS 650 for the planet to get it out my face!! :)
maybee a thought getn 1 then!

should the local peugeot garage do this for me if i explain everything?

Do u know where the BSI is located?? is it another controll unit like the ECU ?
Thanks,
Gary.

Local dealer garage will do it (not cheap), there is a member in Glasgow we could try contacting him (cheaper) bsi should be round battery area
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah im sure theres another box of wires and plugs in same plastic enclosure as the ECU.
How can i contact The user with diagnostic equipment in glasgow?
id happily pay any 1 before dealer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,733 Posts
gary_turbo said:
Yeah im sure theres another box of wires and plugs in same plastic enclosure as the ECU.
How can i contact The user with diagnostic equipment in glasgow?
id happily pay any 1 before dealer!
Hes on another forum i`ll pm one of his mates to see if we can contact him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Hi Lads,
gary_turbo...To get your car to start you will need a matching ecu..bsi..and keyfob (keychip) ...as all 3 are matched together...otherwise it will not start.
If you have all 3 and the ignition barrel&locks you should not need
anything else to get the car started.
Well....I'm not so sure if the injectors will need to be reprogrammed...:confused:
If you can read the old bsi and ecu configuration settings you may need
to replicate these settings to the doner bsi and ecu.
Ron.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers,
i have the ecu , key, barrel, and reciever that goes round the barrel etc..... i removed all these today from the donor car, and they are fitted ,but didnt take the BSI

i can remove the BSI tomorrow and give it a try with the donor car BSI.

hopefully nothing will need re programmed, as the donor car was in running condition.....:confused: :)

if the injectors need programming, ill probably take the injectors from the donor car also. last resort tho as i know they r sometimes a bit iffy to remove.
Hopefully thats all ill need....

ANY MORE INPUT ANY 1?????
Thanks ppl :)
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top