Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Hi, a chap called Ben on a different forum fitted one to his 406 110Hdi.

The boost gauge comes with a length of pipe, and a 'T' piece. Simply* unplug the MAP sensor, put the 'T' piece between the tiny intercooler pipe and the MAP sensor, then the boost gauge pipe feeds from the long part of the 'T' piece to the back of the boost gauge.

I feel the urge to draw a picture - hold on....

Hows this..:thumb:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, a chap called Ben on a different forum fitted one to his 406 110Hdi.

The boost gauge comes with a length of pipe, and a 'T' piece. Simply* unplug the MAP sensor, put the 'T' piece between the tiny intercooler pipe and the MAP sensor, then the boost gauge pipe feeds from the long part of the 'T' piece to the back of the boost gauge.

I feel the urge to draw a picture - hold on....

Hows this..:thumb:
Hiya thanks for reply , I don't seem to have a tiny inter cooler pipe, mine has a map sensor on top of inter cooler but only one big pipe coming in and big pipe going out

G

·
0 Posts
Okay, what does the MAP sensor plug into, the little nozzle/spout I mean, not the electric connector?

There should be a teeny tiny pipe underneath the sensor, maybe a 90' bend...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see why not?

The link I posted was only a quick link to show what was available - it is way too steep for what I would spend.

Where will you put the gauge?
Here is where Ben put his.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sziWHVSJvFA
I'm going to have it in a pod on the window screen pillar post , am I right in saying it's got to be after the turbo between turbo and the inter cooler say the bottom pipe going into inter cooler

G

·
0 Posts
Umm, that's a good question.

The standard MAP sensor is on the intercooler, so I would plump for as close to this part as possible.

Is there a straight piece on the top pipe, big enough for the adapter?

·
5,643 Posts
You can also drill a small hole and then tap and fit a stub onto elbow on manifold

1 - 12 of 12 Posts