Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

I know this has been covered hundreds on times but I just a need to point in the right direction.

my beloved Peugeot has become almost un driveable

my car tents to cut into limp mode a couple of times in a 40 mile trip , I`ll stop car turn off engine for 10 sec and start again, there`s not much acceleration.

ive changed , air filter , diesel filter , glow plugs what else should I change.

I know the to check the dpf filter and egr , but im trying the low cost options first.
how much would it cost to get the egr valve cleaned out , the prob is I can`t do it myself as its behind engine , unless anyone know an easy way to access it ???
please help :thumb:

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
hi all

I know this has been covered hundreds on times but I just a need to point in the right direction.

my car tents to cut into limp mode a couple of times in a 40 mile trip , I`ll stop car turn off engine for 10 sec and start again, there`s not much acceleration.

ive changed , air filter , diesel filter , glow plugs what else should I change.

I know the to check the dpf filter and egr , but im trying the low cost options first.
how much would it cost to get the egr valve cleaned out , the prob is I can`t do it myself as its behind engine , unless anyone know an easy way to access it ???
pull rubber pipe off egr and put a golf tee in it see it that makes a difference if not I would recommend getting codes read on planet but it could be turbo electro valve

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Guessing at what the fault could be and fitting new parts without success is far from the low cost option you mention. Finding out what is wrong and then repairing the issue is the most economical way of repairing the car. Even if it needed a part that costs £150 it is still the lowest cost way as the way your going at the moment you could end up fitting £100 worth of low cost parts but still have to find the £150 for the one part that will sort the issue.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
As above there are no shortcuts test the vacuum from the vac pump as this controls both the boost and the EGR if the vacuum is stable then its fine the absolute reading is not really that important unless its very low.

If vacuum is ok then its on to a computer for LIVE DATA readings NOT read and reset codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don`t mind changing them parts anyway has she most def needs or needed servicing , just an oil change short of now.

im not a mechanic , where is the egr valve and how can I get to it ??

or photos might help as I can`t seem to find if I google it

P

·
0 Posts
You could unplug maf and see if it makes any difference. You really need to get diagnostic kit on it to know for sure what is going on.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
hi all

go here
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/need-20-posts-before-pm-13646/

post anything you wish until you reach 20 posts

then go here
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/
and search the Planet map for forum users in your area

then PM the nearest planet guru for a diagnostic

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
can anyone explain what happened here ????

well Saturday , the car kept going into limp mode more often than it has done recently , so I got the severe hump and while parked I revved the nuts off of it to the point it revved harder by its self and I couldn`t stop it , even when I switched the engine off , the car was smoking from the rear and bonnet (white smoke) so I jumped out and as well the passengers I thought it was going to explode.

the engine eventually stopped , I thought oh fuck I`ve blown something !! the last time that happened I was in a works van the turbo died , black smoke and everything.

so I tried to start the car afterwards , to my surprise it started and and drives better and 3 days later no limp mode even got up to 85mph on motorway without cutting into limp mode , all seems good ????????
:confused:

P

·
0 Posts
can anyone explain what happened here ????

well Saturday , the car kept going into limp mode more often than it has done recently , so I got the severe hump and while parked I revved the nuts off of it to the point it revved harder by its self and I couldn`t stop it , even when I switched the engine off , the car was smoking from the rear and bonnet (white smoke) so I jumped out and as well the passengers I thought it was going to explode.

the engine eventually stopped , I thought oh fuck I`ve blown something !! the last time that happened I was in a works van the turbo died , black smoke and everything.

so I tried to start the car afterwards , to my surprise it started and and drives better and 3 days later no limp mode even got up to 85mph on motorway without cutting into limp mode , all seems good ????????
:confused:
Possibly it did a regen?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I'm assuming you have a 110 or 136 bhp engine as you mentioned a dpf in the original post.

Usually when the car starts revving high and won't stop with the ignition turned off would indicate a blown turbo and the engine fuelling itself from the oil getting into the intake from the blown turbo seals leading to an engine meltdown.

It could well have been the DPF has been cleaned out due to the prolonged high revving but regens sometimes cannot take place if certain faults are recognised and registered in the ECU. These faults can cause a forced regen through the diagnostic software to fail.

A diagnostic performed with the Peugeot software would probably have highlighted issues with the DPF giving a pointer as to the probable cause of your experiences. You may have got away with it this time but the errors and warnings are there to warn you that there is something wrong with the car. The longer you take to resolve these issues the more likely you are to end up with very costly repair bills.

The advice given in replies was sound advice and would probably have led to trying out a forced regen which would have achieved the same result as appears to have happened with your flooring the accelerator in frustration. You seem to have been determined not to try out the advice offered. Why ask the question if all you are going to do is ignore the help people are trying to give ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts