Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just cleaning my K&N panel filter i noticed whilst removing the filter box lid that the whole bottom section of the filter box is loose and not attached. So as access is not great does anyone have any pics of what it looks like round the back so i can try and locate the box in its fixings or alternative suggestions???

Also whilst removing pipework the turbo inlet pipe orange rubber connecter thing is damaged internally and needs replacing, any ideas as to part number or name of part . Also are they available seperately?

That is all for now:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
The filter housing clips on to the engine block via a couple of round holes (with rubbers) it's not screwed (secured)onto the engine block.

As for the orange rubber you can pick those up at scrap yards in relatively good nick. Citroen, Peugeot and Fiat all use the same part believe it or not. If you have a second car that you can get around in then remove the rubber and bring it to the scrap yard with you.

Video showing how to replace filters

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. By the look of it the rubber rings arent there anymore hence i guess why it was wobbling.

Are these available as replacements?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh dear. Reinstalling the air box i heard a snap, it looks like the lower box locating lug (if it is called that) has cracked one of the brackets, however the other one on the left is ok and once the lid is attached the whole thing sits with 2 more lugs at the top with yellow fixings sooooooo i reckon that is no real harm done...........awaits some advice though:confused:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Oh dear. Reinstalling the air box i heard a snap, it looks like the lower box locating lug (if it is called that) has cracked one of the brackets, however the other one on the left is ok and once the lid is attached the whole thing sits with 2 more lugs at the top with yellow fixings sooooooo i reckon that is no real harm done...........awaits some advice though:confused:
if you cant hear a rattle when its in leave it alone....hth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts