Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looked at a few post similar to my problems but not really got me to the bottom of mine.

I have a 2004 307 1.6 HDi 110 bhp with just over 71k on the clocks, over the past month or so it has been a pain to start, not just in the morning but almost every time i have to start it. it usually takes 5/6 turns to get it started but the other day it wouldn't start and i tried to get it jumped and nothing. we pushed the car back into a parking space then gave it another shot and it fired into life...was very strange. upon inspecting the engine there seems to be a bit of black soot/carbon around the bay. Iv seen post's relating to injectors and if it were an injector would the car miss fire? just hoping for some advice to try and get this sorted before i take it to a garage and get mugged off! cheers in advance :)

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
If it is an injector it could run badly too yes but to be honest these need plugged in no point guessing

could be fuel pipes on engine could be injectors could be wiring could be cam/crank sensor could be combination

To test the injectors you need a leakback test to see if they are flowing ok

Plugging in for a live data run will help too preferably when its NOT starting :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts