Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to pick up haynes manual as halfords are selling them for £16.

307 2001-2008 (y reg to 58 reg) mines is a 54 plate. Manual says it covers hatchback, estate and SW models - 1.4 2.0 petrol, 1.4 2.0 diesal.

Bought it for reference and as i want to change the gearbox oil needed some clarifaction of what gearbox i actually have.

Well its no more help than the 2001 to 2004 manual i found online which looks to be identical to the one i bought.

also i cant seem to find my engine code in the manual.

My engine according to v5 DYSG3021534

In the diesal engine section SOHC 2.0 DW10TD & DW10ATED

DOHC 2.0 DW10BTED4

confused engine codes are listed as rhy, rhz and rhs for SOHC and RHR for DOHC and only lists 1 engine and no mentoin of with or without DPF.

·
5,881 Posts
Engine code is included in VIN number. Oil is the same type and qty in both boxes.

Dependant on age some have filler plug on end of box some don't

Only TED engine codes have DPF

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine code is included in VIN number. Oil is the same type and qty in both boxes.

Dependant on age some have filler plug on end of box some don't

Only TED engine codes have DPF
That helped alot. checked by vin and its RHY engine.

Yeah i already new that only certain ones had DPF was just confused that i couldnt find what i thought was my engine code.

Ive had a look and i can see a bolt ontop of the gear box which points backwards at an angle, im guessing this is the breather?

hopefully it is as this would make filling the gearbox much easier as all id have to do was remove the air box to get at it.

Really want to do this sooner rather than later as i do alot of miles and sure the gearbox would love some fresh fluid.

·
Registered
290 Posts

This is the breather on my gearbox (BE4) I didnt have to remove the airbox. A funnel and some flexible pipe and aslo heat the new oil containers in warm water to make filling a lot easier.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This is the breather on my gearbox (BE4) I didnt have to remove the airbox. A funnel and some flexible pipe and aslo heat the new oil containers in warm water to make filling a lot easier.
Thanks this helps ill have a look and if its the same gearbox means i can get the oil changed on sunday when im off.

then i can worry/not worry when i find how much oil is actually in it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry to butt in but why don't they do one for the 1.6hdi? I assume if I got one of the Haynes manuals everything on the 307sw is the same other than the engine?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haynes manuals are OK but don't show everything in detail it's got allots off text. b\w pictures
yes i was quite disapointed out the lack of detail. But i guess they do have to cram in alot considering that it covers 1.6 2.0 petrol and 1.6 2.0 diesals including non fap and fap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts