Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum

I recently puchased a 307 hatch 2004, someone has tried to remedy a slipping rear wiper arm on the shaft by overtightening, ignoring the actual problem is the wiper arm has split around the shaft.

I am trying to remove the nut but is stuck-fast, tried all the usual; WD40, tapping, swearing. My conclusion I need to remove the wiper motor to get better leverage on the nut, but the motor is held inplace by some strange rivet arrangement. Does anyone know hot to remove these?

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had exactly the same problem on my SW. I found my wiper arm pointing south when all the snow from the roof slipped down the back of the car and froze in position over a few days.

I managed to get the wiper arm off as it had split as yours has, so I yanked it free, which left the centre boss and the holding nut still in place.

Persistence with penetrating fluid over a couple days (cos I could get at it properly with the arm out the way) and a pair of decent water pump pliers to hold the spindle while I got some torque on the nut eventually paid off and allowed me to eventually get the nut off.

That then left me with the alloy centre from the original wiper arm "glued" to the splines on the wiper motor.

Carefully cutting two longitudinal slots in the alloy with a hacksaw blade had that off though and that allowed me to fit a new arm (complete with coppaslip on the splines splines this time).

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
If ypu do decode to remove the motor assembly then you'll have to drill the rivets out and either rivet it back in with the same size rivets or better still, with some nuts and bolts with lock washers.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
i gather part of the wiper arms still stuck on?

if so use a grinder sideways it will give way (this saves any issues with grinding the window lol). i did both my cars in a matter of seconds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts