Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
110 hdi 2002 and its slow and drinks diesel, it has 137,000 miles. i had it hooked up to a code reader due to getting the anti pollution fault and it said there is an air mass sensor circuit and EGR circuit fault. the guy at the garage wants to change the EGR valve but it's the more expensive option of the 2 so im thinking of sorting the air mass sensor first.

i dont know much about cars. ive also noticed that there is a slight hissing sound i can hear thats in sync with the turbo whistle. i thought that was a turbo sound as its my first turbo diesel but now im starting to think its otherwise.

please help!!!

it's a 2 litre.

the last service was a year or more ago. i couldn't afford to have it done so i just replaced the filters and oil myself.

C

·
0 Posts
Hello

Sorry to hear that you are having issues but as said above get a proper Diagnostics done using a Peugeot Specific System eg planet. See below link

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

Most members with the system will do it for a couple of beer tokens :D Secondly without slating your local garage or trying to cast any doubts on his ability but anyone can read a code the skill lies in interpreting what it means. E.g antipollution faults can be caused by lots of things from the DPF to a dirty fuel filter but most people would just replace the DPF as that is what the codes would suggest and it is very expensive to do so. Firstly I would have to ask when was your car last serviced as usually a good service will help with fuel economy and rough running etc etc. As for your EGR possibly being faulty you normally have hesitation and flat spots coupled with rough idling if the EGR is playing up, Don't despair though as you can simply unplug it and run it around for a couple of days if your idling improves and your fuel economy improves then you can fit a blanking plate for a couple of quid from ebay

EGR blanking blank plate PEUGEOT CITROEN HDi FORD TDCi VOLVO D 1.4 1.6 Mazda | eBay

Check and see if that's the correct one for your car or you can disable the EGR with a vacuum gauge and blocking the pipe as Davidireland suggests ( He's one of our mechanical experts on here ). As for your hissing sound it may be normal or it could be something like a split hose in which case you may be able to get a salvage one from a local breakers either way don't just fall into the trap of just replacing parts and hoping for the best :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts