Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys , im new here and ive come on here to pick some brains and get to no more about the peugeot ive ust bought.
I picked up a clean late 2001 model for cheap as it needed a new ecu.bsi and transponder. I managed to source them all and its now up and running to my surprise. There is just one thing bugging me which is when you turn the radio on i can hear this god awful beep every 2-3 seconds , but as soon as you turn the radio off it goes away :s
If anyone could shed some light that would be great

If you need any more info just ask and ill do my best to explain it to you

Dan

·
11,711 Posts
The radio isn't coded to the VIN.

If you've had a new BSI and ECU then it's probably the VIN in that which is wrong.

You need to put your location in your profile so we can match you up to someone local with Peugeot Planet to correct it.

C

·
0 Posts
Aren't sure about cars from then I know the had code but aren't sure if coded to car or not.

But does the radio require the code putting in?
is it coded to car? and it may be due to new bsi - ecu which radio may need coding too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hiya the radio works fine and programes into stations , it's just you hear the new ing noise over it , I would think that replacing it with an aftermarket stereo may cure it ?
Also I'm located in Newmarket , Suffolk
Thanks

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
its not coded to the new bsi , get someone to read bsi for new vin number and enter this into the radio , beeping will stop:thumb:

Also write down new vin number in the tax book because now your transponder code will be different incase you need it in future .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate , I think I have the vin from the member on eBay whom I bought it from , is it a case of just entering the digits into the radio whilst it's switched on ? Thanks

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
no you will need planet hooked up and programmed via a laptop...its a peugeot thing...

as they say you can use the links in my sig to find a member close to you with planet, or you can go to dealer and spend a fair bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks mate ill look inot it , however ive got a kenwood double din sterio that will fit in there perfectly , im guessing this will also get rid of the noise ?
sorry about soo many questions its just ive never really worked on pugs i'm more of a jap man myself lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beeping radio

Hi joust fitted a second hand cd player and it beeps every few seconds.
Anyone help I am in Salford near Manchester so if there is anybody with planet
would be thankful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just fitted the radio from our old 207 to our new one in place of the awful glitchy, bodged in clarion and discovered this delight...:mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts