Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 307 1.6 with an automatic gearbox, recently it started to behave rather strangely.

After a long drive the gearbox whenever it comes to the point of shifting between the 1st gear and the 2nd it takes a while to lock it, it's like going to neutral for a moment.

and when it comes to a full stop the gearbox remains in neutral until I build up some RPS, and then it SLAMS the 1st gear.

It became very difficult to drive, especially in heavy traffic.

Thanks,

·
Registered
120 Posts
First thing is to check the oil level and, if needed,top it up - low levels can play havoc with shifts ie baulky/delayed changes. next would be to dump the oil and refill with the correct type for the gearbox.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing is to check the oil level and, if needed,top it up - low levels can play havoc with shifts ie baulky/delayed changes. next would be to dump the oil and refill with the correct type for the gearbox.
The oil level was already checked, mayby the oil type is wrong. Do you know what kind should I use?

Thanks,

·
Registered
38 Posts
having the same type of thing with my gear box the shift is klunky with every change some days it is louder than others this is why i am hopeing to take a lookm at it on the weekend check leavels

·
6,260 Posts
You need to use the recommended oil total BV 75w80 as most other cause stiff changes
when cold etc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts