Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one help I have a 307 hdi 2.0 90s 54 plate last couple of months there has been a whirly noise when clutch depressed, which has now become a horrible clinker and clanker (sounds like can stuck in gearbox) as I say this only happens when clutch pedal is not pressed wether it be in neutral or in gear, I have had driveshaft oil seal out and replaced and also drained oil and replaced which has resulted in no effect any suggestions other than the fact that its had its days????

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'd say thrust bearing or flywheel is goosed, especially since you say it happens in neutral, had to replace ours, the thrust bearing spits it's ball bearings out and you are left with 2 washers working the clutch.

Does yours feel rough/bouncy when you press the clutch pedal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't say rough or bouncy doesn't really feel any diff, lol fifth can sometimes be a ball ache doesn't feel like sitting in fully if that makes sense lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does it when stationary, and also in transit 1st slightly but able to hear in car like im going over cattle grid then 2nd is unbelievable sounds like I have a can stuck in gearbox or a bar dragging along the ground 3rd at the moment is ok no noise 4th and 5th are similar to 1st and only real diff in clutch is sometimes doesn't feel as thou its sitting in gear fully

·
Registered
556 Posts
it does it when stationary, and also in transit 1st slightly but able to hear in car like im going over cattle grid then 2nd is unbelievable sounds like I have a can stuck in gearbox or a bar dragging along the ground 3rd at the moment is ok no noise 4th and 5th are similar to 1st and only real diff in clutch is sometimes doesn't feel as thou its sitting in gear fully
I think a mechanic should check it out, he'll probably be able to tell you if the thrust bearing is Duff, the cables need adjusting, the clutch is gone or the box itself.

If you could post a video that would help the members on here to pin point your problem.

I still think it's thrust bearing/clutch fault but if you say the clutch feels fine to operate then it is throwing a bit of doubt at me:(

S

·
0 Posts
No DMF on a 90 :thumb:

I'd stick money on what loot said, thrust bearing has separated from release fork and lost bearings is where i'd put my money

1 - 11 of 11 Posts