Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off if this is in the wrong section, my apologies. By all means move the thread.

New member to the forum and by looking at all the problems that people have been having with puegeots im wondering if mine will still be here in the morning.

Anways to the topic at hand. I have a peugeot 307 hdi 55 plate. Not a bad motor, runs like a dream (when it works). Recently ive been having the dreaded 'faulty anti-pollution' issue. However this comes and go's so im not too worried about that. On the other hand, the whole 'not being able to put the car in gear thing' is a real issue for me.

Heres the background. I drove the car in the morning, perfectly, fine no problems (apart from the anti-pollution thing) and then once i parked up and left it for a while and tried to go again i encountered the aforementioned problem. Now as soon as i start the engine everything is normal. I can put it into reverse and back out but when i put the clutch down to take it out of reverse and into first it just 'jamms'. It wont budge. Im thinking 'ey?' what the hells up?

After a minature tug-of-war i managed to pry the gear stick out of reverse. I wriggled the gear stick in neutral to see (hopelessly) if that would do anything and it seemed 'normal'.

The strange thing is even though i know if put it into reverse and the way the gear stick is positioned confirms this, i can come off the clutch whilst in gear and it wont stall. This shows to me that it very well may be in neutral. Now id love to know if others have had this issue and if they have overcome it in anyway. Also the possible cost that was involved with rectifying it.

Peace

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hey and welcome.

for the "anti-pollution" fault you will need to get the car hooked for diagnosis by the dealer or a holder of "planet".

with your gears i would say the selector cables or the selector - what it uses as a guide (not sure of name).

·
Registered
673 Posts
hey and welcome.

for the "anti-pollution" fault you will need to get the car hooked for diagnosis by the dealer or a holder of "planet".

with your gears i would say the selector cables or the selector - what it uses as a guide (not sure of name).
i second that, i had my selector cables replaced....slack as a ol ho bag....:thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts