Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update 1: Problem seems to be bigger than a fuel issue, fuel supply seems ok, new coil pack installed but problem persists, i added some videos, let me know your thoughts!

Hey guys!, first post here :)

I recently bought a 2002 307sw second hand car is really great, but I ran into some issues..

1. Car was a bit weak, some misfiring and loss of power below 3k RPM traced back the problem to probably being a bad coil pack, so already ordered one in the mail, hopefully this fixes the problem, if you have any other tips please let me know.
  2. There was an intermittent clicking noise from the serpentine belt, after some investigation i found that the crank pulley was wobbling a bit and the belt looked pretty old, so ordered those two, seems like a common problem with that car ? again, let me know if i'm wrong, but i'm replacing them anyways:)
  3. On my way to top up the gas I managed to run out of gas and stall, tried cranking a couple times to no avail, got it towed back home, went and got gas, the car managed to start again but sounded so horrible and won't go above 1k rpm before it stalls, I'm pretty sure I got the fuel system clogged, so I started dismantling it to clean it up, here's what I did:
    • Remove all injectors and will test/clean them later, PITA to get those out!
    • Tried to replace fuel filter, but apparently the gasoline models don't have one.. am I right ?

Since the car has no fuel filter, what happens when it gets clogged ? am I on the right path of cleaning up the whole system ? what does usually get clogged when this happens ?

Besides that , I'm happy with the car, even though it doesn't run (yet) ;) sorry for all the questions!

·
11,711 Posts
Yes, I think you're right that there is no in-line fuel filter. I would imagine there must be one though, and it might be in the tank lift pump?

I'm just guessing though as I'm a diesel man.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I think you're right that there is no in-line fuel filter. I would imagine there must be one though, and it might be in the tank lift pump?

I'm just guessing though as I'm a diesel man.
You're right, after asking around i confirmed there's no inline filter on my model, some countries do though, not here in Norway.

Still waiting for coil pack to arrive so i can continue working, pulled out injectors but didn't test them yet, will update the thread within a week or so with my findings !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update, bad news ??

Ok guys, I've received the new Coil pack, took out the injectors, they were clean and since they were out i cleaned them by pressurizing brake cleaner spray and opening/closing the injectors a few times, they all produced the exact same clean spray pattern and showed no signs of being clogged.

I'm starting to suspect a timing issue or simply a sensor issue, i'll post this questions into a separate thread to get more visibility and to avoid hijacking this one with an irrelevant title.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts