Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 307 2.0 hdi xsi 136hp 2004 i have had a few problems with car which i am gradually sortin 1 at a time(fuel flap switch not workin so renewed, no.2 injector worn so replaced.) but i still have a problem with starting from cold , takes an effort to fire up then tics over rough for a couple of mins and if driven smokes for about the first mile then the car is fine as if no problems at all. i have a small plug in diagnostic tool which has been very useful. which brings me to my question as it reads the fuel pressure which i think is low on start up. could anyone tell me what should the kpa/bar be with the ignition on but engine not running, and engine running at ide speed around 750rpm. thanks.

·
5,884 Posts
Not 100% sure on your specific model but the generic Bosch/HDI info is the following

HP pump requires >0.8 bar fuel feed supply to open internal valve that allows HP pump to operate (pressure derived from in tank pump or intermal low pressure pump). <0.8 bar HP pump will recirculate fuel to lubricate it self.

When cranking the ECU will not attempt any injection with a fuel pressure <200 bar. (Low pressure signs of pump problem or injector leak off fault)

When running nominal fuel pressure at idle is approx 350 bar.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, should have probably said mine has seimens injectors so means has a full siemens system i think does that make much difference. also i have no pump in the tank so do you know where the low pressure pump is located?

·
5,884 Posts
Yep as above combined in your HP pump. This doc may give some more help Function_HDI_siemens.pdf

It is worth checking simple stuff check for possible air leak in fuel feed system (filter body, leak off pipes etc) as this may allow air into system making starting hard and poor running until self bleeds.

Some people temp fit a clear piece of hose into the the HP pump feed and look for bubbles

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fuel feed pipes into pump already clear and there are only the odd tiny bubble coming through i think from the priming bulb as it was worse but have renewed o rings on pipe fixings. will check fuel pressure and post my results. thanks.
so if both pumps are combined does that mean if one is faulty i need to renew the lot :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok ignition on engine not running fuel pressure reading is 1.2 - 2.1 bar
when engine is idle 310 - 317 bar at 827-902 rpm as not ticking over smoothly until warmed a bit.
so if windy1603 figures are correct i dont think its my pump !
any ideas of any other checks or is a case of off for another full diagnostics

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for your input so far , im just runnin out of ideas was thinkin of gettin planet diag software so i could do more in depth checking. is it easy enough to use? and where would i get it from plus the leads required.

thanks

·
5,884 Posts
I know it may be a simple one but can be overlooked. Does you scanner display coolant temp sensor values. Possible failed sensor not showing cold engine?.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it reads coolant sensor and is ok. it reading mass air flow and air intake temp(maf) , manifold mass airflow pressure (map), but one im not sure on is the air intake temp on inlet manifold which is a separate sensor as im not sure my diag just carnt see it which is strange as its right next to map (lol) or its faulty but ive got no fault codes coming up, i dont think they are expensive might just buy one to rule it out. unless any one knows how to test it. would it even affect the starting?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts