1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

I am on here in hope of some help.

We own a 2002 307 1.6 Rapier.

Yesterday, in the pouring rain, the front wipers decided to give up the ghost on my missus, which wasn't ideal, I have checked fuses under the bonnet and all seems to be fine.

I am not too familiar with Peugeot and although we've had the car 2 years, this is it's first fault so far, and last hopefully!

Do people think it is the wiper motor? When turning the switch to the on position for the wipers I get a little click, they swiped the windscreen half way up then died again and nothing has happened since.

Any information would be gratefully received!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

Can anyone advise how hard it is to change the front wiper motor? or even where it is located, under the scuttle panel is my guess but after looking last night, it looked like hard work taking the scuttle panel off.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sounds like the motor.

The scuttle panel should be easy to come off. If its like the 1.4, there are 2 bolts near bonnet hinges, unscrew the brake resevoir bottle - and it should slide out.

Check the wiring to the motor (especially the earth)

One check to see if its the motor or not is to run a power source to it direct from the battery - see if it moves

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks both, much obliged.

The stalk operates the rear wiper fine and the front washers also work fine, so I have been able to eliminate that, looks like I will be checking the motor for wiring issues, if that looks ok i will replace the motor.

Thanks again chaps. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts