Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
307 front seat foam repair

I thought I'd write this as I couldn't find anything online about how to strip and repair the foam in the front seat.
1. remove the front seat following one of the many guides online (youtube, etc)
2. you will need to gently unplug the wiring connectors beneath the seat

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4. next remove the height adjustment handle, this is easy as there are two torq bolts hidden behind the small round cover. Pop this cover off with a screw driver and then remove the bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
7. the plastic side panel is held on my two torq bolts and a clip near the front of the seat. There is one torq bolt right at the rear of the plastic panel that's pretty obvious. The one near the front is quite well hidden, I've tried to show it in the first photo. Once all the fixings are removed you can take off the plastic side panel

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
9. I was stripping the seat as the foam had collapsed and I kept ending up sitting on the frame, unfortunately the cover seems to be stitched into the foam, making separation of the cover and foam impossible.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10. As a work around I glued a strip of upholstery foam onto the rail to fill in for the collapsed foam. This has worked well and made the seat comfy again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Normally the material cover has a cloth backing stitched to it, through this cloth backing are small metal rods that are clipped to another small rod moulded in to the cushion foam.

The clips that hold the seat cover to the seat cushion are small metal rings, just stretch them carefully to remove them.

On reassembly cable ties are the order of the day to replace the round metal rings.

I've had many a 405 & 206 seat apart over the years.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Excellent guide

Did you manage to get any pictures of it refitted?

I've considered fitting a passenger seat base on the driver's seat frame, do you think it could be achievable??

Many thanks
Ben.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
If I remember from doing a 307 the material that’s cut out to attach securely on the seat cover is in a different place for each side.

You maybe to able to cut out and fit but would take some work to make It secure and not be loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts