Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Mum's fob died, so assuming it was the battery I bought another battery off fleabay. Changed it today using the "hold for 10 seconds etc" instructions and it works, but only sometimes, and only if the key is inside the car and extremely close to the ignition.
If I get out, I have to lock with a key.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
what battery did you buy. i brought a duracell for mine and it works really well

did the buttons seem ok? sometimes they can play up and need resoldering with new parts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what battery did you buy. i brought a duracell for mine and it works really well

did the buttons seem ok? sometimes they can play up and need resoldering with new parts
Hi
I bought a Panasonic CR1620 which was what was already in it.
Bought this...
Panasonic CR1620 Lithium Coin Cell Button Battery (DL1620,BR1620,LM1620,CR-1620) | eBay

Buttons seemed ok. Was just weird that it worked fine but as I kept pressing lock and unlock and slowly moved it away it would stop working. Move it back toward steering rack pressing lock/unlock and it would kick back into action.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is it a flip key. mines a normal key. the haynes manual does not specify a different battery for other models
Yeah, it's a flip. I've ordered one anyway, I'll let you know what happens with that type of battery. Any other ideas if not the battey type?

·
Registered
106 Posts
This happened to me when I was changing the case on my key.. Found a better battery and hey presto !

But other than that I can think of is may be one of the relays for the central locking sticking..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Or... Just thought .. Could be your buttons as well on your circuit board inside the key.. If you press the button really hard will it work from a distance then ???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Or... Just thought .. Could be your buttons as well on your circuit board inside the key.. If you press the button really hard will it work from a distance then ???
No, Won't even work on my lap inside the car, no matter how hard I press. It has to be almost touching the ignition. Then it doesnt matter whether i press soft or hard.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This happened to me when I was changing the case on my key.. Found a better battery and hey presto !

But other than that I can think of is may be one of the relays for the central locking sticking..
I think you guys are right. Suspect it's a poor quality battery. Have bought the Duracell 2016's. If that doesn't work i'll try a duracell 1620. And if that doesn't work, I'll come back. You guys have always fixed my Peugeot problems. I have complete faith. :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
the keys on ebay show a 1620 battery maybe there just poor. i have the duracell 2016 in mine and its alot better then before

i only have a normal key though not a flip one

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well I've tried several "good quality" batteries and all the same result. Still wont work unless inside the car almost touching the ignition. AARRRGGHHHH :mad:

·
Registered
238 Posts
i had this problem with my spare remote. found a lump of solder on the circuit board touching another pin, cleared it with a sharp knife and all sorted works from 20 feet instead of 20mm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts