Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Australia and have a 2006 307 RHR with a DW10BTED4 HDi 135.
The flywheel is playing up and I have been searching on the net (which lead me here) about sourcing parts. Prices for Peugeot parts over here are poisonously expensive so I will be buying from the UK.
I've read a lot about the debate between DMF and SMF and my question is not to do with pros or cons but rather what kits are compatible with my engine.

There seem to be plenty of SMF conversion kits for the Hdi 90 / 110 Peugeots but I've only found one that says it will fit a 135 (a Valeo kit that costs a heap). Is there really any difference in the models where a SMF is concerned? I could imaginge a DMF being tuned for teh power but not a SMF. All I am going on is the compatibility lists in the ebay sales so thought I'd ask here.
A conversion may be a cheaper, more long term fix - I don't want to be having to get another DMF any time soon. Mind you assuming its the original in the car it has done 130 000 KM's.

If they are not then it looks like I'll be going a new DMF. From what I've seen LUK seem to be a reputable brand?

Even within the LUK DMF flywheels there seem to be two for my 307:
415 0225 10 - earlier build dates, more expensive
415 0320 10 - later build date, cheaper
The only difference I can see between the two is the "Number of teeth (finding the max. clearance angle)" one is 9 the other 7. What is this all about? The starter motor teeth?

I'm being overly cautious here because if I get the wrong item it's an expensive and long return.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is referring to the starter motor teeth.
I had a 135bhp when mine was playing up so I got rid of it when i saw how much it would be costing in parts alone.

LUK and valeo are on par with quality. Both as good as each other

I personally would go for the solid conversion

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
Yeah the flywheel from the other HDi models must just not be compatible.
I did get this helpful response from an ebay seller re the difference between the two DMF's listed for the 135:
The difference is the "pot depth" between the two flywheels. In other words on one flywheel the driving face is flush with the outside edge, on the other it is recessed by 15mm. The two clutch kits are different too, between the different flywheels.

I've since decided to spend the bit extra to get the Valeo 4P kit to switch to a SMF.
Part number for the early model 135 is: 835068

I did find a cheaper kit from 'techniclutch' but based on some less than favorable posts I've read on them I'm not going to risk it.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Valeo & LUK seem to be the way to go. The cheaper brands can be tempting especially if the price difference is a fair amount but generally they don't last as long or perform as well as the premium brands and using the budget brands ends up being a false economy and costs more in the long run.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Initially I was tempted by the cheaper option but given that I'm paying $AU 100+ for shipping it's definitely not worth the risk.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure are! Mind you it's not like that for all makes. We get OK pricing on the more popular makes like Toyota, Mazda etc... European makes are rarer so parts tend to be expensive.

I got the Valeo SMF conversion kit for $AU650. Was quoted $AU1400 for a DMF kit and didn't bother asking about a SMF kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts