Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I recently inherited an immaculate 2002 307 HDi Rapier 90 after an unfortunate family bereavement, it's not even done 50k miles which is nice. It's my first Peugeot, and I absolutely love the interior, performance and generally everything about it despite the age of it.

The issues I'm having are:

The driver side electric window always pops down to about halfway after putting it fully up, I'm aware this is some sort of built in feature that takes getting used to? Soft-touch I think my friend said.

The clock screen on the dashboard doesn't seem to illuminate or display anything, which is slightly annoying as I can't find the radio stations I want. Is there a switch for this, doesn't even seem to work when the engine is on? Electrical fault perhaps?

There is a slightly audible buzz from the engine after switching it off, which seems to cease after a minute or 2. Is this normal perhaps?

I wondered if anyone could recommend a good and inexpensive stereo I can use it with, really just the AUX I'm after. Stalk controls are not essential, but would be nice.

Any replies or help to any of the above would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
If you're window is going up, and then down again by itself, then it indicates there is some resistance in the channel/guides... designed to prevent children being caught in a closing window, hence if it detects resistance it lowers again. Check the guides/channels.

There isn't a switch for the central display... more than likely the bulbs behind have gone. The display comes out, and there are small dash bulbs in behind, which can be cheaply/easily replaced.

Not sure which head unit you have in your car, but majority of the Peugeot head units can all have an AUX input enabled, which will then allow you to keep the stalk controls, for volume at least, and depending on which AUX you go for, maybe able to control tracks too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply, I will check inside the window guides when it's light tommorow. Are for the AUX, is there any guides or tutorials you know of for this? The head unit is exactly like this one:

Any ideas how to remove it?

Just one more thing I didn't mention, the underside panel below the driver side heat vent is missing. Can these be replaced?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
if its a peugeot unit.. it has 4 holes, 2 either side. Cut a metal coathanger up into 2 'U' shaped pieces around 10cm tall. slot them in both sides till they stop at once and should feel them click. give unit it a wiggle towards you and should come free.

If a DIN unit, take off front and rectangular fascia then use two narrow butter knifes (or slimmer width if poss) down each side and should come free with a wiggle.

Id say do that at your own risk and if u dont want to pay out for tools that you only use once! Ive never had a problem BUT ive normally had the din removal tools knocking around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi theMDJ, thanks for the reply. What I meant was the unit with the clock screen, I found it just pops off with a little force so I was able to replace the back-light bulbs which has sorted that issue. Not sure if that's called the head unit, or is that something else? But on another note, I was able remove the stereo as per your post and fit the new one I bought today. Only downside is I had to sacrifice stalk control, adapters are too pricey for me to be bothered.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts