Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to this forum.

All of a sudden the fans inside my car stopped working on all settings. Heat still comes out of the vents (very slowly) but obviously there are no fans to blow it out!

I thought it was a fuse so I checked the manuel and it is probably a maxi-fuse. I'm not sure so any other ideas would be good.

It says i have to take it to a dealer. How much are maxi-fuses? How long do they take to change by a dealer? (just trying to work out cost) Can I change it myself? Where is/are the maxi-fuse(s) located?

It a bit of an annoying problem as its so cold at the moment!

Thanks for your help and any comments/ideas are greatfully received.

masterchris

·
Registered
4 Posts
307 2.0 hdi

Hi
This is not an answer to your problem, but it's exactly the same problem that I was about to post on the forum. If you do get a definative reply, I'd love to be included in the answer as having no fan for three months is driving me mad, my feet have never been so cold!!
I've only just registered on the forum and really don't know how it all works, but I have ticked the, allow other users to email me, and I'd appreciate any help.

Cheers

Plane eng

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi again, I haven't managed to fix my heater motor yet, but i've been looking into it and the general informed opinion is that it could be the resistor pack at fault. Apparently (from one garage) the initial analysis will be about 1/2 an hour, and cost about £41, the unit, if that's what the problem is, would be about £37 plus vat, and to get at it, the heater motor comes out first. So guess from that what the total cost would be??
Have you got any more info, or know anyone who could do it without putting a massive hole in your bank balance?
Cheers
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts