Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I don't envisage the bearing coming out with too much agro but anticipate the outer shell will be stuck in the hub. From what i can see there's a rear circlip that once removed should allow the bearing to come straight out.

Has any had success getting the shell out with the hub on the car ?

There's couple youtube vids with what looks like a threaded bar and various size plates front and back of the hub/bearing face and you screw out the shell

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep your right but have no press or access to one unless i can find an Eng comp that will do it.
Am i right in thinking that once the rear circlip is removed there's nothing holding the bearing in the housing. No shoulder or lip of any sort

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The circlip is what retains the bearing in the housing, you are quite correct.
Look up local engineering shops, independent garages or truck workshops and you should find someone willing to press the bearing out, and press the new one in if you ask nicely.
You might be charged a small amount, you may be asked to give the mechanic a "drink", but it will probably save you lots of time and trouble over making up a tool to drive it out in situ.
You will also almost certainly have the problem of getting the inner bearing off the flange, to fix that I refer to the earlier part of my post. :)
Good luck!.

Roger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts