Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I hope I can get some sympathy from some other 307 owners. I've lost count of the times I've had my head under the bonnet or handing over cash at the garage.

On two recent long trips I've had to be recovered by the AA as I've lost total power at high speed on the motorway. At first the issue was diagnosed to be the crank sensor but after a little more investigation found that a 20amp fuse had blown. New one in, ran fine until a week later when the same happened at high speed. Changed the fuse but blew straight away. Another tow back to the garage and changed the fuse the following day and it started fine.

The F8 fuse in question seems to link up to many different components including the fuel injector pump which could be the likely cause however it's going to be too expensive to consider investigating any further. Worth noting that I recently changed the coolant sensor, comms unit replaced 6 months ago and fuel pump replaced 12 months ago. Has anyone else had a similar issue or is this a common issue?

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi,

I hope I can get some sympathy from some other 307 owners. I've lost count of the times I've had my head under the bonnet or handing over cash at the garage.

On two recent long trips I've had to be recovered by the AA as I've lost total power at high speed on the motorway. At first the issue was diagnosed to be the crank sensor but after a little more investigation found that a 20amp fuse had blown. New one in, ran fine until a week later when the same happened at high speed. Changed the fuse but blew straight away. Another tow back to the garage and changed the fuse the following day and it started fine.

The F8 fuse in question seems to link up to many different components including the fuel injector pump which could be the likely cause however it's going to be too expensive to consider investigating any further. Worth noting that I recently changed the coolant sensor, comms unit replaced 6 months ago and fuel pump replaced 12 months ago. Has anyone else had a similar issue or is this a common issue?

Any help would be much appreciated!
could also be a wiring fault

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did just find a bent ECU pin under one of the 48pin ECU connectors but doubt this relates to the issue? I've been able to bend it back and seems to slot back into place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts