Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone....

has anyone else heard of this problem of vibration noises coming from the exshaust...especially on revving.... like something rattling in a tin tube?!?!

i have heard it is something to do with a rubber seal or lack of a rubber seal on the exhaust....

i have been trying to find out more as i have this problem and i do not know whether it is a fault to deal with....is it something serious?

any comments are welcomed....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have this problem on my 206. I have come to the conclusion that it is the bit inside the cat converter rattling. Only does it just above tickover. With the engine stopped, striking the exhaust pipe causes the noise, and it certainly sounds as it is coming from the cat box. I only really do long journeys, so the exhaust is not very coked up (which probably doesn't help).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rattling noise from Exhaust between 0-2500RPM

Car is Peugeot 307 2.0 GLX Reg 03

When i start the engine from cold, it takes a couple of minutes before it starts to rattle.:confused:
Then the rattle goes away after 1 minute. once engine is warm thhere is no rattling when car is idle.Also No Ratling when gear is in Neutral and i rev engine. Rattling starts when car is moving and sounds like metal grinding noise.It is usually between 0-2500RMP and goes away once over 3000RMP. No engine vibration. I have had the car checked by several mechanics but it just doesnt add up. A mechanic told me it is nothing to worry about but will cost me money if i insist on investigating this fault. Another Mechanic said its from the cat converter. Any advise before i spend £300 replacing the Cat converter.
Please advise:(
This is driving me Mad. i luv this car and not ready to change it. :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mechanic told me the cat shield has been removed. And the engine light is on. Code is "air injector at the exhaust"
The funny bit is the engine msnagement light goes off when the weather is below 5 degree and comes back on from weather above 5-7 degree. But the ratling is still there when the engine management light is off.
Mexhanics are saying engine light is on cos of the ratling. I had mechanic to check the lambad sensor and he said it is fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts