Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.6 rapier 2003, ever since I've had it a regular fault keeps reappearing, the dreaded Exhaust squeeks when blipping the gas at slow speed, the flexable front joint and springs have been replace at least 6 times
and its only lasting about a month before its back again now, tried packing the bolts to make it slightly tighter but this makes it worse, an exhaust fitter recon's its not the internal ring but the bolts rubbing on the holes as they are tight on the bolts as the joint moves,anyone know the best way of curing this as its a common fault on 307's(Peugeot wont admit this) he says to make the holes slightly bigger on the flange to allow the bolt to move without rubbing but before I attack it with a drill does anyone have any info on this annoying problem, I even find myself listening to other 307's as they drive and I am supprised how many do it, its so hard to access the joint without a car lift so it makes home fiddling hard.
Any input would be great as the wife is driving me nuts keeping on about it

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Peugeot SC where I normally send my SW for servicing fitted a bracket of some sort somewhere on the exhaust pipes. I believe it was up front before the cat converter. No more squeaks after that! :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
add on or new joint

do you mean the flexable joint just after the cat, I have had this changed many times,peugeot have changed the joint design three times, the squeek goes away for a short while but it always comes back, have you an invoice with a part number of what they fitted?
because the squeek comes back so quickly after a new joint is fitted, the bolts rubbing in the holes seems a likely idea,

·
Registered
1 Posts
there is a fitting kit that can be bought that holds the flexible joint to te rest of the exhaust. if you replace this greasing the 2 x washers and big ring that goes inside the exhaust with copper grease then it shud be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have replaced the ring and the fixing kit, springs bolts and cup washers,
5 times 4 times under warranty they even change the exhaust under warranty, have bought a new fixing kit ( they say they have updated it again?) just the ring changes every time to a different compound, and yes have greased it,this does not last as the heat from the cat burns it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts