Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, walked back to my car today and noticed that the back box is hanging down pretty low :( when I looked underneath I was expecting to see a bracket on the underside of the exhaust that maybe had come from the rubber.

There doesnt seem to be one and I think that from looking that maybe there was a strap that went around the backbox and through a bracket on the car.

I took into Quikfit and they said they couldnt fix it as they needed a bracket and they had rung around and couldnt get one, they said its a main dealer job :(

When I looked under the car I could see a bracket under the car that was o shaped so I dont get what he is on about......

Surely I can just buy a replacement strap from ebay and fix this myself?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi, walked back to my car today and noticed that the back box is hanging down pretty low :( when I looked underneath I was expecting to see a bracket on the underside of the exhaust that maybe had come from the rubber.

There doesnt seem to be one and I think that from looking that maybe there was a strap that went around the backbox and through a bracket on the car.

I took into Quikfit and they said they couldnt fix it as they needed a bracket and they had rung around and couldnt get one, they said its a main dealer job :(

When I looked under the car I could see a bracket under the car that was o shaped so I dont get what he is on about......

Surely I can just buy a replacement strap from ebay and fix this myself?
there is two rubber mounts with straps on them quite common on 307

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see two rubber mounts which are intact it appears to be the very last part of the exhaust which is hanging down, I cant see any brackets on the actual exhaust so assume a band goes around the exhaust and this then connects to the o shaped bracket on the underneath of the car?

Im very surpised that Quickfit wouldnt have this part to be honest!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I can see two rubber mounts which are intact it appears to be the very last part of the exhaust which is hanging down, I cant see any brackets on the actual exhaust so assume a band goes around the exhaust and this then connects to the o shaped bracket on the underneath of the car?

Im very surpised that Quickfit wouldnt have this part to be honest!
the back box should have 2 rods sicking out of it one on the left and one on the right these should go into a rubber mount fixed to the car and these mounts snap

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, no they dont well certainly the one nearest the back of the car doesnt, quickfit said i needed a new back box but couldnt fit it without the bracket that i would need from peugeot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's probably cheaper to get a new back box, I've just fitted one that cost £38 off fleabay and that had the fixings welded directly onto the exhaust instead of being attached to the straps that went around the old box, took me about 10mins to fit, easy job.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts