Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

I was wondering if there were any common problems with the electric mirrors on these 307's (2.0HDI 90 Estate 55 plate). They are not the folding in type, I just have no movement either side whatsoever, having a quick look on google there doesn't seem to be a relevant fuse, the electric windows work fine, anyone got a drawing with wiring codes?
There is another gremlin probably not related, the boot roof light illuminates all of the time when the ignition is on, I've tried turning it off but that only seems to upset it then its on all of the time when the ignition is off, could be interesting if I get followed by the police late on a night :p

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi to all,

I was wondering if there were any common problems with the electric mirrors on these 307's (2.0HDI 90 Estate 55 plate). They are not the folding in type, I just have no movement either side whatsoever, having a quick look on google there doesn't seem to be a relevant fuse, the electric windows work fine, anyone got a drawing with wiring codes?
There is another gremlin probably not related, the boot roof light illuminates all of the time when the ignition is on, I've tried turning it off but that only seems to upset it then its on all of the time when the ignition is off, could be interesting if I get followed by the police late on a night :p
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The rear interior light could be down to the rear door lock mechanism. The mechanism has switches inside which tell the car when the door is open/closed and possibly one to tell the system to illuminate the courtesy light. A diagnostic would likely be able to shed some light on that problem (Pun intended).

Have you moved the selector switch to select the drivers or passenger mirror which will be adjusted by the rocker switch ?

This switch has a central position that prevent the rocker adjusting either of the mirrors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have selected both left and right on the sliding switch and neither left or right sides work at all, was hoping someone might have some idea of which cables should be powered is there a seperate live for the mirrors or are they all of one live supply to the switch module? I notice there's a control box in the door underneath the switch gear, could be that I spose. Is there a way to expose the motor in the mirror? Might be worth looking if there's power getting up there, I have a few well used multimeters I could poke in there but don't want to be pulling mirrors apart if there not supposed to be pulled apart :-D
As for the boot courtesy light the bulb might end up in the shed! When the boot is open the front courtesy lamp flashes to let you know the boot is open so I assume the switchgear is ok?
Is there a cheap and cheerful diag plug I can get off ebay? Had a mondeo tdci previously and got an f super off ebay for about £15, wondered if there is an equivalent for the 307

·
Registered
364 Posts
We don't really recommend code readers for Peugeots because of their complexity but some members use the cheap ELM327 bluetooth interface with the appropriate app, and have a limited degree of success, they are more suitable for later CAN bus cars. Peugeot Planet or Diagbox depending on the age of your vehicle along with the Lexia 3 interface is the package that tends to be used as it is a full diagnostic tool package alternatively there is a list of members who will offer their services with PP/Diagbox depending on where you live, their rates are variable and often by personal arrangement.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I have selected both left and right on the sliding switch and neither left or right sides work at all
As for the boot courtesy light the bulb might end up in the shed! When the boot is open the front courtesy lamp flashes to let you know the boot is open so I assume the switchgear is ok?
We can only make suggestions based on the information you provide.

My suggestions managed to prise a little more information out of you.

If you had mentioned this in your original post then I wouldn't have made the suggestions or asked the question.

If you need an answer without giving all the relevant information then you may be better shooting up to blackpool and consulting with Madame Petulengro. :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 55 plate 307 90bhp hdi estate, would this be young enough for using with a cheapish code reader? I thought it was pretty obvious for trying the electric mirrors for both sides, will try and put more detail in future, for the want of a few quid i might as well get a cheap reader and see what it does.
I now have an "airbag fault" after turning it off to put a child seat in the passenger seat removing it them turning it back on, I can't see me ever buying a peugeot again, this is I think the third or fourth one between me an the mrs and every one has had electrical faults some com2000 unit going bang numerous coil packs and various electrical gremlins, fittings snapping off, trim falling off, bits of bumpers falling off, oh and a fuel tank locking ring miraculously coming loose of it own accord, who the hell builds these- the bricks men out of monty python??

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Its a 55 plate 307 90bhp hdi estate, would this be young enough for using with a cheapish code reader? I thought it was pretty obvious for trying the electric mirrors for both sides, will try and put more detail in future, for the want of a few quid i might as well get a cheap reader and see what it does.
I now have an "airbag fault" after turning it off to put a child seat in the passenger seat removing it them turning it back on, I can't see me ever buying a peugeot again, this is I think the third or fourth one between me an the mrs and every one has had electrical faults some com2000 unit going bang numerous coil packs and various electrical gremlins, fittings snapping off, trim falling off, bits of bumpers falling off, oh and a fuel tank locking ring miraculously coming loose of it own accord, who the hell builds these- the bricks men out of monty python??
A code reader is exactly that - a code reader. It cannot exercise the mirrors and probably won't even communicate with the door ECU's

As for your comment about build quality, I'm guessing all you poor quality Peugeots were used cars when you bought them so any issues you have encountered will be down to the misuse / abuse from previous owners rather than them coming out of the factory in that condition. I'm on my third Peugeot - first was a 55 plate 307 followed by an 04 plate 307 and now a 61 plate 308. Both the 307's were very reliable and only needed servicing and the wear & tear repairs that every car on the road will have. I only bought the 308 as I am now in a position were I could afford to buy a newer car otherwise the 307 would still be my daily runner. Both 307's ran great doing in excess of 300 miles a week so they were in constant use.

You take a chance whenever you buy a used car but the more effort you put in before purchasing significantly reduces the amount of effort you put in after purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts