Peugeot Forums banner

307 Engine running problems - possible electric fault

826 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  trustme 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

I've owned my 307 1.6 16v Petrol 2006 for a couple of years now but recently, after driving it for a short time (5 mins) then come to a stop, the engine revs decrease slightly and bounce back up again constantly but this happens more when the lights and heater are on at night which also causes the lights to dim. I have just changed the sparks plugs and filters (still need to change the oil and oil filter)

The battery looks like it maybe 3 years old or slightly more. The spark plugs were worn so at least now it starts better.

I'm wondering if this would be a problem with the battery or alternator? No warning lights have come on the dash!

#2 ·
Hi everyone

I've owned my 307 1.6 16v Petrol 2006 for a couple of years now but recently, after driving it for a short time (5 mins) then come to a stop, the engine revs decrease slightly and bounce back up again constantly but this happens more when the lights and heater are on at night. I have just changed the sparks plugs and filters (still need to change the oil and oil filter)

The battery looks like it maybe 3 years old or slightly more. The sparks plugs were worn so at least now it starts better.

I'm wondering if this would be a problem with the battery or alternator? No warning lights have come on the dash!
have the battery and alternator tested (its normally free from any motor factors that sell batteries)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.