Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2002 307 2.0l hdi with a DW10 TD (90hp) engine in it. I was wondering if I am able to drop a DW10 C (165hp) in it?

Or, would I be better off having my DW10 TD remapped?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
548 Posts
While an engine swap may be possible it would be a bit of a nightmare.

I'd personally say forget it - would be easier and prob almost as cheap just buying a newer car with that engine.

I'd go for a remap - £150-300 and you've transformed your car in a matter of hours.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
your gonna have to change the engine loom, BSi, ECU, Gear cables and shifter, as well as the air con unit as the 90bhp sits close to the engine and the 110, 136 sits away from the engine,

i'll be doing a 90 to 110 part swap next few weeks. just with using the 110 parts and remap to 150bhp.

if your gonna do it right and have the time for issues that may creep up then do it, also you might have to change a few wires inside as some of the newer cars have can bus were the older 90bhp had van so the bsi might not work with your old cables.

so i would just get the bits and turn it into a 110bhp then remap it to more as well as upgrated clutch while your at it :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
your gonna have to change the engine loom, BSi, ECU, Gear cables and shifter, as well as the air con unit as the 90bhp sits close to the engine and the 110, 136 sits away from the engine,

i'll be doing a 90 to 110 part swap next few weeks. just with using the 110 parts and remap to 150bhp.

if your gonna do it right and have the time for issues that may creep up then do it, also you might have to change a few wires inside as some of the newer cars have can bus were the older 90bhp had van so the bsi might not work with your old cables.

so i would just get the bits and turn it into a 110bhp then remap it to more as well as upgrated clutch while your at it :thumb:
Cheers, What bits would I need to make it a 110bhp?

Also, as im not too up on electrics, what do you mean by "bsi", "Can Bus" and "Van"?:confused:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
you would need the front end from a 110, thats the rad and the intercooler rad and the intercooler, you need the shroud that holds the intercooler and the rads as the 90bhp are set closer to the engine also the top and bottom intercooler hoses from the 110 307,

you then would need the intake elbow from a 406/C5 and the bottom intercooler pipe from the turbo,

should take afternoon to install

the stuff from the 307 should cost you £30-50 thats for the lot inc pipes,

the stuff from the 406/C5 top elbow and bottom pipe £10/25!

as for the CAN and VAN bus, have a look at this: What is CAN Bus?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you would need the front end from a 110, thats the rad and the intercooler rad and the intercooler, you need the shroud that holds the intercooler and the rads as the 90bhp are set closer to the engine also the top and bottom intercooler hoses from the 110 307,

you then would need the intake elbow from a 406/C5 and the bottom intercooler pipe from the turbo,

should take afternoon to install

the stuff from the 307 should cost you £30-50 thats for the lot inc pipes,

the stuff from the 406/C5 top elbow and bottom pipe £10/25!

as for the CAN and VAN bus, have a look at this: What is CAN Bus?
Thanks, do I not need to change the head or block, pistons or valves?
Do I not need to change the turbo. And are the bits all cheap because they are from a donor car. :confused:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
nope as the 90bhp are the same as the 110 HDi apart from the intercooler and ECU as well as the electric controled wastegate,

well 2nd/scrap is the way to go as new parts would cost abit.

ebay:
PEUGEOT 307 2.0 HDI 2004 SW ESTATE RAD RADIATOR PACK FRONT PANEL HEADLIGHT WING | eBay

you need that front part as this holds the intecooler and rad and air con rad
as well as some water pipes i forgot early on!, ask the seller for the lot and the top and bottom intercooler pips, and chuck in the water pipes and water
bottle the 90bhp are the same but the water tubes are not so might as well get the lot in one go! :thumb:

you then need one of these:

GENUINE PEUGEOT 307 406 C4 C5 DISPATCH 2.0 136BHP HDI INLET ELBOW 0382CT | eBay

cheaper one :

PEUGEOT 307 SW 2003 REG 2.0 HDI COMPLETE RAD PACK RADIATOR FAN INTERCOOLER | eBay

cheaper going to your local scrap yard £5/10 max!

the bottom pipe is like this:
PEUGEOT 607 2.2 HDI TURBO INTER-COOLER LOWER PLASTIC DUCT Part # 96 287 484 80 | eBay

Dont buy that one!! its not the one you need i will try and get the pictue of the right one

S

·
0 Posts
I thought the turbo between the 90 and 110 were different (variable in the 110?)

Or is it the 136 that went up to that?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
the turbo on the 90bhp and 110bhp are the same but the ECU controls the wastegate on the 110bhp via the boost sensor and map sensor on the intercooler,

if you wanted to run the 90bhp turbo same as the 110bhp turbo the you need to swap the wastegate and install a boost solenoid or use the EGR as the boost
sensor you would need to turn this on in the ECU and run vac pipe to the wastegate my advice would just leave it as a 90bhp turbo as its less hassle and you
wont have any boost solenoid to change if it ever goes faulty :thumb:

the 136bhp variable or VNT turbo that has a sensor on the wastegate but also as the same type as the 110bhp that pulls down the wastegate via solenoid, the
sensor on the wastegate closes the mini fins inside the turbo to make the car boost lower in the rev range then once its up to speed the boost solenoid takes
over and controls the turbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts