Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im currently looking at buying a peugeot 307 xse auto from a dealer (reputable one btw), the car has full service history and has 40,000kms on the car

the car runs fine and all but i noticed there is a clear buzzing noise coming from the engine when the car is in reverse or drive, but does not happen in park or neutral...

im thinking its just something loose in the engine bay which is making the sound... im not sure if this is normal or something i should stay away from..

any ideas anyone?

thanks

gary

·
Registered
862 Posts
BLK-307 said:
Hi

Im currently looking at buying a peugeot 307 xse auto from a dealer (reputable one btw), the car has full service history and has 40,000kms on the car

the car runs fine and all but i noticed there is a clear buzzing noise coming from the engine when the car is in reverse or drive, but does not happen in park or neutral...

im thinking its just something loose in the engine bay which is making the sound... im not sure if this is normal or something i should stay away from..

any ideas anyone?

thanks

gary
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Got to be totally honest with you mate,i would look at other cars in the same class the 307 can be a very troublesome car,just look at this forum for the proof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi moose

thanks for the honesty

i have looked around the forums and although there are alot of 'small' common issues with the 307, there are with any other car also, there are bound to be a few bad picks of the bunch, but i guess its probably not what u would expect from a brand such as peugeot.

the car is a late model (2006 T6 XSE), which has seen some improvement from its predecessor

the car is black with beige leather interior.. argh.. decisions decisions..

maybe i should just go for a new 207 and cough up the extra cash..

·
Registered
862 Posts
BLK-307 said:
hi moose

thanks for the honesty

i have looked around the forums and although there are alot of 'small' common issues with the 307, there are with any other car also, there are bound to be a few bad picks of the bunch, but i guess its probably not what u would expect from a brand such as peugeot.

the car is a late model (2006 T6 XSE), which has seen some improvement from its predecessor

the car is black with beige leather interior.. argh.. decisions decisions..

maybe i should just go for a new 207 and cough up the extra cash..

I am pretty sure thats what i would do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey everyone...

this problem you have is kind of the same that i have previously posted 'XSI exhaust vibration/tin rattling sound'.

i have called it a tin-rattling sound but you could be said to be like a buzzing sound....

if we are talking about the same thing then its may be the connection between the engine and the exhaust mounting...

i hae been trying to re-find some info i read that speaks of the Peugeots made in the Netherlands using this rubber piece whereas in the UK they used a metal piece...

i have been trying to track down symptoms and solutions for this - and more importantly IF it actually is a problem to worry about...

it seems that Peugeot do know about it and if you mention something along the lines of 'exhaust - mounting' issues then they may know what you talking about....

or they may just say you are imagining it and ignore you - as i have found out ! haha!

good luck with your purchase...as i have read here many times.... Peugeots = not the best but not the worst.... cars are so similar now-a-days that you may have problems with any or never at all... anything can go wroung on any car at anytime.... might as well be driving nice, stylish and comfy when it does...

hope this helps...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

the noise iam hearing is a buzzing noise, sometimes i can hear a tining noise when im driving but thats only sometimes.
the buzzing noise happens when the car warms up after say a 5 minute drive,
and only buzzes when i have the car in drive or reverse and stops buzzing when i drive.

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Andy matey...

sorry for delayed response...

i have to dash but i have found this:

http://206gti.net/enginecover/

its talks about a 'buzzing' sound from the engine and a possible solution

have a look --- see if does the trick!

let me know if you try it and if it works....im going to make some time today to see if i can figure it out for my car

·
Registered
4 Posts
SwanXSI said:
Hey Andy matey...

sorry for delayed response...

i have to dash but i have found this:

206gtinet/enginecover/
its talks about a 'buzzing' sound from the engine and a possible solution

have a look --- see if does the trick!

let me know if you try it and if it works....im going to make some time today to see if i can figure it out for my car

hi matey

when i had my 206 gti (w reg) about 3 months ago i done what you found on 206gtinet and it worked. i will try it on my 307 and i will let you know the outcome, hope it works. :thumb:

thanks for your help.

andy

·
Registered
25 Posts
BLK-307 said:
Hi

any ideas anyone?

thanks

gary
Is it like a buzing motor noise? There is a fuel pump that makes a buzzing noise that does go after a while which is normal. Leave running for a while and see if it goes off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts