Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im new to this so bare with me please .
i own a peugeot 307 hdi 2.0l on a 03 plate but recently been haveing a problem with the electrics the wife went to open the car the other day and noticed the head lights were on and also the dash lights ,but battery had gone flat. so i charged battery up over nite and but it back on the followihg day when i connected it up all my back break lights lit up ?? and they went off about 3 mins later. so i didnt use car all day but used it in evening to go to shop but when i locked it with my key fob i noticed the back break lights comming on very dimm and the got brighter and then back to dimm and then they went off. the wife got into car this morning but nothing but got back into car after work and said the dash lights were on and the passenger airbag disable warning light came on but went off again. can anyone help ,,any suggestions please :mad:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Try the gearbox earth point, loosen it and twist it (if you have some wd40 or electrical contact spray give it the berries)re tighten. Check battery earth both ends of lead one being terminal. If none of this works it could be the comm 2000 unit top of steering column, all the stalks go into it including lights. Think a new one is £70 but you would need the correct one, there are several variants, use your vin number to get the right one if its faulty.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Try the gearbox earth point, loosen it and twist it (if you have some wd40 or electrical contact spray give it the berries)re tighten. Check battery earth both ends of lead one being terminal. If none of this works it could be the comm 2000 unit top of steering column, all the stalks go into it including lights. Think a new one is £70 but you would need the correct one, there are several variants, use your vin number to get the right one if its faulty.
To add to that a faulty battery will play games too....:thumb:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yes good one elma, I would check earths, battery discharge check, if ok, alternator output.
Then think toward comm. A planet checkover may reveal cause.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts