Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought 307 sw 1.6 hdi. garage fitted new turbo and ERG but car still has P0405 erorr. any thoughts. garage at a loss. thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Check the connection to the egr valve. You've a low voltage problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
connected to mrpaul's PP2000 today and seems that ERG test shows readings of 0 mg/impulse and 0 mVolts dont know if this is right also codes do not seem to want to clear from ECU. PP says clear engine starts without showing error lights but PP still reads them as being there as permanent ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for reply's gents, garage said they had tested all wires from EGR back to ECU, how might the sensor be disconnected ?????
Garage informed me that the new EGR was a service exchange might this be faulty ?????

D

·
0 Posts
Service exchange?? Are they doing that now? The egr valves give alot of trouble.
Someone needs to invent a remap to delete egr.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Service exchange?? Are they doing that now? The egr valves give alot of trouble.
They first told me they had fitted a new £320 EGR from peugeot, then on next visit said it was a service exchange, would not have thought myself that peugeot would service ex this part.

they are now saying car needs to go to peugeot for diag as they cant solve it.

J

·
0 Posts
EGRs aren't that much.... even from Peugeot - mine for the 407 was £100 less than that

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
david your a guy in the know for peugeots/citroen...wouldnt the egr deleting devices on ebay work? ive been told emissions go up a little bit but still keeps it in range for passing mot....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks david and Hysteria both for your original input. I looked at car this morning and it would appear that garage had fitted New EGR but had not connected electrical connecter hence the problem. have rec-connected and seems to be good so far with no warning lights :thumb:. this reminds me why I try to DIY most of my repairs and not use garages at all. think I may be making a little investment in peugeot planet soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After initial ok on faults, more came up, different this time tho, back to garage i purchased from, offered peugeot diag or money and my old trusted 53 plate peugeot partner back. guess which i opted for. owner Dean nicholson then got very pissy and said he would take all diesel out of partner he had put in and guess what he did, The 307 i returned had £75 worth in it on return, their so called new fitted turbo was throwing up code P0299 no thrust. hey all keep well away From Highbridge motortech. oh and he got very abusive . garages hey ????>?

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Very pissy" is an understatement. I nearly got decked by him for arguing the point on mistakes he'd made and now have a crime report number for assault which I'm still considering going ahead with.
Amongst other rubbish, he claimed his garage was an MOT testing station when it clearly isn't, and strips advisory notes off MOT's that he gets from the centre down the road if they don't suit his story.
He's also apparently clueless on how to change a vehicles taxation class, and I know of a written off smart car he's sold after trying to avoid an inspection check on it for over a week.
He's nice as pie if you nod along with the stuff he spouts, but you can't argue anything with him without it escalating to world war III. Avoid like the plague would be my best advice. Without doubt the worst garage I have ever encountered. I thought jokers like him went out of business years ago.
Did you take any further action?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts