Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just joined the form. I try to do my own work.
I have a 307HDi 1.6 110 2005 with 130K. I am in Ipswich and could do with advise plus Planet (let me know if you can help btsimonh) to try and cure the age old Anti-polution problem. I have tried several things inc new fuel cap sensor (P2408 cured) and throughly cleaning DPF/FAP but still have problems. local garage Tried regen several times (out stayed my welcome) and now get P0422 "max number of aborted regens reached"
Also
P0490
P1162
P0401
P1639
Wifes car and goes into slug mode, she a bit upset!
Should Next step be new EGR valve? Read through form but would like a little advise to make sure I am not wasting time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Toped up with Eolys

By the way I have topped up the tank with INFINEUM F7995 - now full!
What next?

·
Registered
586 Posts
The fault codes point to the egr valve. You still need to check the vacuum pipes to the various valves and wastegate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P0422 "max number of aborted regens reached"

Anyone know how to clear this one and why we could not force a regen.
is it a planet only or can a good garage sort it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Should be able to clear it with planet, but any decent garage would be able to do it as well I'd imagine. Out of all the faults you've listed there, I've only had P0490. The EGR valve was sticking and causing the car to drive like a choking elephant. I unplugged the EGR and found the car drives brilliantly, I plan to eventually clean the valve to see if that solves it, and if it does, I'm going to blank it anyway. Screw the EGR.

Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to explain why the regens are failing. I've got the same car as you, even from the same year, with 124k and mine doesn't seem to regen either. Having said that, I've got P1351 which seems to indicate faulty glow plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts