Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a big problem and i would be very helpful to anyone that can offer and help or advice.

I have a 2004 - 307 XSI HDI

This weekend i wanted to change the rear lexus lights someone had put on before i got the car and also add some reverse parking sensors.

So i done the sensors succesfully using a live from the reverse light etc. I then done the lights testing the signals for which bulb was for which etc. As i was re-putting the lights in and one of the bolts snapped. So this was a problem as i couldnt put in fully, I went to B & Q and got some metal glue etc and left that to set, but needed to go back to the old lights. So again i tested which bulbs which and fitted them.

I noticed at times the car was being a little weird as when i was pressing the breaks to test the light, stop was flashing up on my dials.

The car will have been, on ignition and then off etc, for a couple of hours without the engine being on.

I then finally came to start the engine and it trys to turn over but would not start with the message flashing up *ECONOMY MODE ACTIVE*

So i undone the lights tried to start with out them no different.

The diesel was on reserve so i went and got a gallon, put that in and tried, no different.

I tried disconnecting the battery and leaving for a few minutes, then re-connected and no different.

I then tried to jump the car, no different.

By this time of trying to start a few times you could now tell the battery was getting flat, so i have disconnected the battery, and put it on charge over night and will re-try again after work today.

However after reading posts from all over the place with other people that have had similar issues i am not sure this is going to work. Infact i think it wont.

Any ideas what next i should try? (At the minute i have a car that wont move and after trying this i am stuck)

Any help will be very much appricated.

Thanks in advanced.

Terry

S

·
0 Posts
I'd put money on it being the car forgetting its keys

If when you connect your charged battery up it cranks ok but doesn't fire, then i'd say that's it

Post your location, might be a member close with planet (dealers diag tool) that can help you

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thank you for your reply and help.

My location is Carlisle in Cumbria and i think the closest person to me with that is around 90miles away...

If i was to buy it (already spoke to Jim - He could have it delivered Wednesday) Would i be able to sort this?

Any other way around it?

Kind Regards and thanks

Terry

S

·
0 Posts
From the ones I've seen, if they forget one key they forget them all!

I'm not saying it is definitely this mind, but if it is then yes you can correct it yourself with planet :thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok - Thanks for your help. Yes - its just advice i understand you cant say for sure what is is, but its very much apriciated.

I will try the fully charged battery tonight, i will then try the spare key.

If this does not work, i will just leave it until Wednesday when Jim can have the diagnositics to me,,,, Then will probably be asking for help on how to use that, but we shall see.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it worked with a new fully charged battery, Seams strange but i am happy.

Would still like to get pp2000 etc but by windows 7 is 64bit and apparently will not work so stuck at the minute.

Once again thank you for everyones help/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts