Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my car's drop links today - and what I hoped would be a 1 hour job turned into about 4 hours.

The bolts have a torx 30 fit in the end to secure them whilst you undo the nut - however mine were seized to the point where my torx bit broke clean in half! After attempting to hold it with mole grips, the only option was to drill all 4 bolts out.

Dreadful design where you rely on such a tiny torx fitting to accept that level of force. Fortunately the new drop links are of a new design where you can hold the bolt with a 17mm spanner just below the rubber 'boot', rather than the torx fit.

Did anyone else experience this job to be such an a**hole?!

(rant over...)

S

·
0 Posts
Haha yeah, old parts so why get them off intact!

The 307 seems to eat droplinks so i hope you haven't gone for economy ones, mine chewed a pair of cheapies to shreds in just a few months :O

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think mine were £10 for 2 on ebay... so that sounds like economy ones to me! However I reckon these will come off much easier next time. And just in case they dont, I will be arming myself with a nut splitter.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can someone tell me whats best way to go about replacing these as i have no lift/ramp, is it wheels off and are they easy to get at from the ground? Cheers

·
Registered
344 Posts
Can someone tell me whats best way to go about replacing these as i have no lift/ramp, is it wheels off and are they easy to get at from the ground? Cheers
Jack it up, wheel off, direct access is available.

As you can see from the previous comments, unless you can undo the nut within 5 mins of trying, get the angle grinder on it.

Not worth chewing up your knuckles when you're replacing them.

Once they're off its just a simple swap.

One of the easier tasks on a 307!

·
5,867 Posts
2003 2.0 is most likely to be screw on type. look down the front of the engine and you should see filter behind air con compressor

·
Registered
100 Posts
drop links

hi lads replaced drop links to day 15 minutes each side never botherd with spanners used grinder thanks for the advice had car for 2 years now changed ball joints and tye rods when I got it still small nock looked at roll barr bushers look a bit perished been told you need a special tool to take them off?

Peugeot 307sw hdi 90 2.0 146.000 miles

1 - 20 of 50 Posts