Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

307 1.6 hdi 110 bhp 2006

I understand that the o/s shaft has a bearing in the centre could anyone tell me please is this available as a part or it it only on a new shaft. Looked at ecp can't find it listed. If anyone knows do I need it pressing in some way.

Same shaft will it pull out of the box or is it circlip fixed

Thank you

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
14,602 Posts
Peugeot don't use circlips generally at gearbox end of any shaft.

The bearing comes with the shaft not sure if you can get one separate but it would need pressed on and some have a collar to hold it in place this would need pressed on too.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi

Thanks yes I agree now lol I was expecting the bearing to push into the bit below the car with the way it describes it in Haynes I have ordered some engine mounts so will check this more then I assume that if the race is noisy gritty it's dead and its a new shaft.

Thank you for the help was well confused

Allan

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

Just been going through service history 30k miles ago it had drive seals replaced and owner was advised driver side shaft bearing noisy guess new shaft is order of day may be this will clear what I had thought was a clutch issue.

Fit this and engine mounts then see if clutch judder goes down a lot fingers are firmly crossed

D

·
0 Posts
Pm me last eight of chassis no. if you want a part no. for the intermediate shaft bearing.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Monty

Thanks I wonder if the very cheap shafts are any good it's hard when I would expect that much for a cv joint.

I could as yet not locate a bearing so ordered a new driveshaft but when I have old one out going to try again for a bearing and if able to fit it will retain as spare

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe that you can replace the bearing, they had to put it on there...

Looking at the shaft on the 2.0hdi, you'd probably want a press or similar to do it.
You could carefully use an angle grinder to get it off but a hammer and punch might be a bit rough to fit a new one

Jonny

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Monty / Badger

Thanks as mentioned I have ordered a shaft get that Tuesday I think will switch it in the car then try again for a bearing if I can get it off

If it comes off ok will try again finding the correct size bearing again and keep it as spare though doubt I would need it.

I would guess the difference from cheap dear original one is manufacturer tolerance if night a good fit would not gain the benefit I am looking for at least car wont be off the road

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
to take the driveshaft out take the drivehaft nut off.

undo the 2 bolts on the top of the wheel hub. mine were 18mm. i brought a deep socket especially

find your way down to the bearing on the driveshaft. theres 3 bolts you dont need to take them off you only need to loosen them

once the driveshaft is out of the hub it will just slip out of the gearbox

you need to feed the shaft through so get some kind of oil storage container to catch some oil out of the gearbox. you dont want this on your drive

theres no c clip so should be very easy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts