Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope someone can possibly solve this problem for me.
I have just replaced the clutch on the car I have fitted everything back together but left the wheels off to check all is good, but when putting the car in gear only the passenger drive shaft is engaged, have taken the other side back out and reseated twice now.
if I put the car in gear but not turn engine on and spin either wheel both wheels turn as they should and both drive shafts are fully engaged, as soon as I actually start the car and select a gear it goes straight back to only the passenger side working,
if I get under the car whilst in first gear and engine running I can freely spin the drive shaft that comes directly out of the gearbox to the drivers wheel in either direction there is no engagement or resistance.
totally confused as to what i have done wrong.

·
2,511 Posts
hi...drop the car onto its wheels and try again...it might just be the diff working as it should...or lock the side that spins and see what happens..be carefull

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the brake caliper off the side thats not spinning if i apply the brake to the passenger side would that create the same effect as locking the wheel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankyou so much, as i apply the brake the drive engages properly, just the six hours spent today assembling and dissassembling, at last the mrs can start going to the shops on her own again.

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
Its an open diff so its only ever going to drive the wheel with least resistance this is nearly always going to be the passenger side as that wheel is closest to the diff.

Lift 1 wheel off the ground engage drive and the wheel in the air turns car goes nowhere this applies to all open diff cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts