Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
i may be wrong but they dont remove anything other than software entries in your cars ecu files...the actual physical removal of the dpf unit is down to you...

After reading again this is what the ad says...'You can choose for us to carry out the software changes only, however we can recommend a workshop to carry out the physical DPF removal for you at additional cost.'

There's a user on here called Hdi-tuning and he will do the exact same thing for you and he can also map it for more power whilst he's there i believe...

Send him a message before you spend anything and you never know you may get more service for less pounds...if not you've lost nothing...

Hope my useless waffle helps a little....:thumb:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
i may be wrong but they dont remove anything other than software entries in your cars ecu files...the actual physical removal of the dpf unit is down to you...:
Well spotted - looks like 150 quid to turn off the dash warning light. If the dpf fails the car will still run like a bag of shyte - but the dash light won't come on to tell you that its running like a bag of shyte. What's the point of that then.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Well spotted - looks like 150 quid to turn off the dash warning light. If the dpf fails the car will still run like a bag of shyte - but the dash light won't come on to tell you that its running like a bag of shyte. What's the point of that then.
What they are offering for £150, scotcruz did for free for me on this site...I have my dpf free modded file saved on my pc (and backups) for when i actually get dpf probs (cause i know its gonna come)...im sure these guys know what their doing but £150 is well expensive...

@joey...im willing to give you my modded file for free but i in no way say its the same as yours and accept no responsibility if you fry it....:thumb:

Its for a fault free 307 dturbo 2.0 hdi 110 2003...with edc15c2....:thumb:

I can load the file on to my pc and find the checksum numbers too if you need me to....someone else can tell you if its compatible...;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
What they are offering for £150, scotcruz did for free for me on this site...I have my dpf free modded file saved on my pc (and backups) for when i actually get dpf probs (cause i know its gonna come)...im sure these guys know what their doing but £150 is well expensive...

@joey...im willing to give you my modded file for free but i in no way say its the same as yours and accept no responsibility if you fry it....:thumb:

Its for a fault free 307 dturbo 2.0 hdi 110 2003...with edc15c2....:thumb:

I can load the file on to my pc and find the checksum numbers too if you need me to....someone else can tell you if its compatible...;)
Any idea how Scotcruz did what he did to the ecu flash?

I've just read the mammoth thread that he started re removing dpf and I'd also be interested to see a modded file of his.

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
11,711 Posts
i may be wrong but they dont remove anything other than software entries in your cars ecu files...the actual physical removal of the dpf unit is down to you...
Yep, this happened to a fellow forummer and her 407 a while back. The advert was deliberately misleading.

·
Registered
4 Posts
307 2.0 litre 136 bhp diesel. DPF Problem

I have had the engine icon and "Depollution system faulty" info on my 307 diesel come on recently. I put some diesel treatment in the fuel before a long run to the coast and after our trip the warning sign came on. I'm thinking this treatment blew some s**t out the engine and on to the PDF filter? Anyway I have put some DPF treatment in the fuel and run it for a week and no change as I imagined. My usual mechanic has had a look and has quoted about £150 to get at the filter clear it if possible and pressure through somewhere behind the battery to clear it also. I have confidence in his work but was just wondering if I should spend on getting new parts. I'm not clued up on these things at all.
Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorted now

I have had the engine icon and "Depollution system faulty" info on my 307 diesel come on recently. I put some diesel treatment in the fuel before a long run to the coast and after our trip the warning sign came on. I'm thinking this treatment blew some s**t out the engine and on to the PDF filter? Anyway I have put some DPF treatment in the fuel and run it for a week and no change as I imagined. My usual mechanic has had a look and has quoted about £150 to get at the filter clear it if possible and pressure through somewhere behind the battery to clear it also. I have confidence in his work but was just wondering if I should spend on getting new parts. I'm not clued up on these things at all.
Cheers in advance.
The dpf
filter was clogged so it got cleaned but the icons were still on the dash. It turns out that the fuel sensor needed to be replaced too! So it was probably that sensor in the first place but at least the dpf filter is clean now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts