Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 307 1.6hdi 110hp anti polution light on. Checked codes. Fuel cap switch replaced + Eolys topped up. Removed and cleaned out DPF (took my time and did it well). Did full service (but not fuel filter) Anti-pol came on again but car drove well for about a month then problems again.

Should have checked codes I know but I..... Removed DPF and cut out all filter material and replaced. Car drove well for a few days till we had a cold patch then trouble- stuttered and died, but would restart, drive for a bit and then die. Suspected fuel problem so checked codes and got p0087 and changed fuel filter, now driving very well again. Obviously anti-pol comes on but assume this is due to not having DPF and pressure readings not correct.

Question: If I continue to drive like this what happens. I dont really care about the anti-pol light as long as it drives well. When we come to sell we'll put a DPF back in or get a DPF-out remap done.

By the way I checked the servive reckord and the filter needs replacing ecery 20/24K. I looked at the garage reciets and found that the garage had not replaced the filter at the last big service :mad: It pays to keep an eye and ask questions! (or do it yourself)

·
11,978 Posts
If you've removed your DPF you need to remap the car's ECU to tell it that its gone - there's now a huge hole where there was once a filter and air resistance.

As for the DPFs life, it should be a lot longer than "20/24K". More like 60 or 70K miles.

D

·
0 Posts
As above. You've after costing yourself more money by removing it. Probably only needed heaterplugs.

Sent from my GT-S5690

1 - 4 of 4 Posts