Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The doors of my 307 wont unlock, the key wont turn in the door (i think it may have had locks changed in the past) and the fob wont unlock the central locking.

I left the car unlocked for a few weeks and it seems to have locked itself, now i came back today and found it locked. I presumed the battery went dead so i got under the car and got the bonnet opened, i checked the battery and it is fine, i have also tried a different battery.
I have also checked the key fob battery and it is fine. Anyone have this problem before?

·
Registered
174 Posts
As far as I'm aware the unlocking and locking of the doors using the key in the door lock is purely mechanical and does not rely on the battery, I can lock and unlock my 307 with an un programmed key which has been suitably cut only. In conclusion I would suspect some problem with the key itself maybe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh i suspect it is not the correct key for the lock.
Im thinking i am going to have to break the window to get in now

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Yeh i suspect it is not the correct key for the lock.
Im thinking i am going to have to break the window to get in now
if the car does not have deadlocks then if you remove the handle (pull hard) then you will see a cable going from the internal handle to the lock hook this with a metal coat hanger and pull this will open the door but only if there is not dead locks (I have done this my self to a 307sw)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts