Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Does anyone on here have access to documents that would tell me if my car has a DMF? I am having issues, think it may be DMF, but not sure my car has one so would like to, hopefully, rule it out!
It is a 2007 307 1.6hdi 90bhp, which, I gather, probably doesn't have a DMF!! (No one, in their right mind, would fit one later if not fitted from factory, surely? Might have had a clutch or two as on 225000 miles)
Thanks! Phil

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Actually could be on original clutch depending on how the miles were accumulated !
Its doubtful though but possible
90s have solid flywheels generally

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I strongly suspect it is solid!
I have only just got the car as my C4 was written off in a hit and run.
Had issues with hesitation when accelerating. Fresh EGR valve, blanked off! MAF sensor cleaned! Air doser taken off and cleaned! Seems to run, and accelerate, a lot smoother.
However, very occasionally, the car "coughs", like it is shutting down, with a shudder! But then keeps going. No EML light comes on. One thought was a DMF flywheel suddenly slipping that causes the shudder (it is quite disconcerting).
Did wonder,also, if butterfly valve is suddenly shutting for a moment, stopping air so causing the cough!
Anyway, just about to go see if any codes have been stored after it's "cough" on the way to work last night.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And, nothing. The usual heater plug one as I have a plug out (could only get three out when replacing them) and too much air compared to reference as EGR is blanked!
?????☹?
Another thought! When reading the ABS ECU my PP2000 says unknown reference, takes a while, a pump sounds like it gets set running and then never stops (until ignition switched off) but then comes back with no faults!? CAN a dodgy ABS controller actually put brakes on??? That is what my sudden, temporary, shudder is??
Bit at a loss!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No your brakes would not apply themselves lack of coms with ABS is a common issue
Check your fuel pipes on engine the plastic ones not the metal ones as they are common issue with running and starting issues as they get pinholes in them leading to drawing air not leaking just drawing air in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts