Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
My 307 2.0 diesel will not start (2003 model)
It kicks over but not does not start
I have used peugeot planet to run diagnostics on the system
It says that the ecu is locked but it is recognizing the key transponder.
Based on the error codes I pulled using global scan, I'm thinking that for whatever reason the ECU is not getting power/turning on.

If anyone has got any advice as to what may be causing it/where to start looking that would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't remember the exact codes, but was something along the lines of:
Can't communicate with Ecu
Can general error
Coolant temperature error

And a few more like that.
Could it be a wiring issue causing the Ecu not to turn on?

P

·
0 Posts
Have you recently changed anything on the car? New filters perhaps or done some work under the bonnet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the car like this, but the previous owner said it started happening when he installed a cd player.
Problem is intermittent

P

·
0 Posts
Could have shorted something out. Check fuses and hope he hasn't zapped something when fitting the stero. Plenty of idiots come on here when they have connected radio up wrong and killed ecu

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how do you reset the BSI? what is the aim of doing this? Is there a way to reset/unlock the ecu?

A different ecu and BSI combination was used and apparently the issue still remained

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ran PP diag again and got the following error codes:
Remote Intermittent fault, coolant temperature information, incorrect value received
Remote Intermittent fault, vehicle speed information, incorrect value received
Remote Intermittent fault, engine speed information, incorrect value received
Remote permanent fault, oil temperature information, incorrect value received
Remote Intermittent fault, coolant temperature information, VAN network, incorrect value received
Remote Intermittent fault, air conditioning circuit pressure information, incorrect value received
Code: P0193
Code: P0562: battery voltage low
Code: P1673
Code: P1621: Intermittent fault. Internal to the engine management ECU
Code: P1641
Code: U1118
Code: U1000: Remote permanent fault. no communication between ECU and other network ECUs (CAN)
Code: U1003: permanent fault, absence of communication on the CAN
Code: U1003 (ABS): intermittent fault, general CAN fault
Code: U1000 (ABS): intermittent fault, ESP ECU not communicating fault

If anyones got any input, greatly appreciated.
Thinking that perhaps the wire between the BSI and the ABS/Engine control ECU is broken/damaged?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

With a Bad battery you will get all sorts of errors I would look at this first Peugeots are very picky about the right voltage

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

With a Bad battery you will get all sorts of errors I would look at this first Peugeots are very picky about the right voltage
Thanks for the reply
The problem occurred prior to the battery voltage becoming low, the low voltage is due to trying to unsuccessfully start the car

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Thanks for the reply
The problem occurred prior to the battery voltage becoming low, the low voltage is due to trying to unsuccessfully start the car
Is the car CAN OR VAN ? this is something that you have to input by model at starting earlier cars are VAN I believe

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
307 non standard radio car wont start this happens all the time remove ALL the radio wiring leaving ONLY Peugeot wiring then check ALL fuses.

All the u codes are due to com issues and the radio is connected to the can bus hence the need to remove it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
307 non standard radio car wont start this happens all the time remove ALL the radio wiring leaving ONLY Peugeot wiring then check ALL fuses.

All the u codes are due to com issues and the radio is connected to the can bus hence the need to remove it.
So you're saying to remove all wiring associated with the radio? Or all the wiring added to the car? I changed the setting saying that I had installed an aftermarket radio in the computer using pp, but this didn't do anything

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Amazing that just a simple radio change :eek: can stop your car dead If not carried out right
The amount of people this happens to is Astounding It makes me very Wary of actually trying to add an Mp3 player to the cd changer port

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
Its because a lot of the adapters seem to be wired wrong or people just cut and tape wires and end up grounding the com lead.

Adding an mp3 player to changer port using standard radio is no problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts