Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

We were recovered today as are turbo fan/vanes! (not going around) Were busted, prior to that there was a real lack of power, does anyone know what a Peugeot dealer will do or say and what kind of costing there might be to that type of work? The car has done 146,000 miles 06 Plate

Thanks all

CP. :noidea:

D

·
0 Posts
Be careful. Truthfully the engine is probably toast. The turbos go for the simple reason, lack of lubrication.
1, the sump strainer is most likely blocked and 2 get the vacuum pump filter gauze checked. If it is covered in hard carbon, you'll need an engine!

What was your service history? What spec oil? And at what intervals?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi David,

I got the car at 103,000 miles, ex hire car, there has been regular servicing at or near every 12-14000 miles, not sure of the oil thats been.
car has done 147000 miles now. Just found out the turbo is shot and needs a replacement, is there non peugeot turbos?

CP :confused: :tantrum:

D

·
0 Posts
Remove the sump and the vacuum pump and check for carbon deposits.
You can get new turbos from a garett dealer. they will be considerable cheaper than a genuine one from peugeot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found out that the crank is stuck and won't turn, looks like I'm going to need a new engine. Hopefully get one from a place near lancing, cheapish I hope.:rolleyes:

CP

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the old engine has gone (146,668 miles) and a new one (19,558 miles) has been fitted plus new turbo, by god she goes like a pocket rocket, so much power. :mygod:

Well there goes the money saved up for the bike. :broke:

CP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts