Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No problems all day then tonight got in, turned key, lights up dash, but then !!!!! NOTHING !!!!!!
I can here the relay click in glovebox when i turn ignition key but car won`t turn , fart or do anything,
am i heading straight to starter motor or am i missing something (thought starter might have given me a bit of warning?)
is there a fuse i should be looking for ,
planet shows no faults anywhere,

ideas please before i crawl under the b*tch.:lol:

Original starter and theres 235,500 miles on her, maybe starters f*cked.

·
Registered
535 Posts
To depress you further, IIRC there's a post that describes your symptoms exactly... and it turned out to be the starter motor. If you're lucky, it could be a bad connection on the starter.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And thats what it was , decided to give here a little bump start first and off she went, now hoping that it was just the way she stopped this time and stuck, or its a new starter.
Fingers Crossed (but being a pug it`ll be a new starter :mad: )

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
In my last 307 the battery discharged a bit so the dash lit up but the voltage was down enough for the ecu to decide not to even try to turn the starter.

S

·
0 Posts
Mine did this a few weeks ago, new battery did it for me! (well, a £10 scrapper one, wasnt paying 80 odd quid before i knew exactly what was at fault!)

What really got me confused was that i'd only been stopped for an hour tops and it managed to die in this time!!

I also noticed when i did get it going with the duff battery still in, if i tried to use my windows or anything electrical it would switch the dash off!

The car also decided it had abs/braking faults after the repair, planet to the rescue there though :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts