Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 307CC 2005 gasoline with damaged dashboard electronics.
The 80-pin JCAE28113581-3 chip is dead.
Now I’m trying to find used dashboard electronics (PCB) of the same year (2005) which is compatible with my BSI.

The questions are:

1. If I connect a dashboard PCB taken from a 307 2005 diesel, CC or classic model, will the instruments show correct revs and speed when hooked up to my BSI (in combination with my original 307CC dashboard mask)? If not, is there a way to fix this issue, maybe by reprogramming the dashboard EEPROM?
My original 307CC dashboard EEPROM is alive, I already extracted its contents so I can use it with another dashboard if necessary.

2. Is there a way to get a new JCAE28113581-3 chip as a plug-and-play replacement for my burned JCAE28113581-3 chip?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
1, would have thought they are same

2, don`t know

just remember whatever dash you put in will show the greater of the mileage , make sure donor dash has lower miles.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
1) aslong as the display shows the exact same such as if your mph the replacement has to be mph etc.

2)i would look on tinterwebs and see if you can find a replacement.

i would of thought the mileage was stored on the bsi. to stop clocking and that, so that the speedo unit reads the bsi, gets the data on ignition and shows it. :s

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
cck2k9 said:
i would of thought the mileage was stored on the bsi. to stop clocking and that, so that the speedo unit reads the bsi, gets the data on ignition and shows it. :s
The chip in the dash console also holds the mileage memory of the car it comes out off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bettyswollocks said:
The chip in the dash console also holds the mileage memory of the car it comes out off.
I'm familiar with that BSI+Dash scheme for storing the mileage. However, that's not a problem since I have backed up the contents of the EEPROM on my damaged dash. I just need to burn that backup file to a new dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bettyswollocks said:
Then you shouldn`t have any problems.
I hope so, but still I'm not sure if diesel dashboard electronics mounted on to gasoline dials and connected to a gasoline car will show correct RPM and KMH readings (diesel and gasoline dial scales are different). If dials scale matching is defined by the dash EEPROM and/or the BSI it should work just fine. But if it's defined in a dash microcontroller firmware, the dash will show incorrect readings, if nothing else.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
the only way is to back up the new one you want to do. place your original backup on it, try it out and if it works top marks, but if not put the back up of the new one back on and try again...

in other words, its like diving of the top diver with a blind fold not knowing whats below. water or bricks...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cck2k9 said:
the only way is to back up the new one you want to do. place your original backup on it, try it out and if it works top marks, but if not put the back up of the new one back on and try again...

in other words, its like diving of the top diver with a blind fold not knowing whats below. water or bricks...
Well, it makes a perfect sense, but the problem is that I don't have another dash yet. I'd have to buy it first and see if it fits.:) An used diesel dash is easier to find, that's why I brought up this question at the first place...

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Get one out of a scrapyard and try it if it doesn`t work you have 7 days to replace and loose 10% handling fee , check their terms first for returns.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
or if it dont work, flog on fleabay for twice the cost you spent buying it :p its how i would go...make a sly little profit for yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts