Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!! i need some help and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. My brother has a 307 and he asked me to replace the instrument cluster (spedo, rpm, fuel and tem gauges) bought a new one and when i plug it in non of the gauges work but all the dash lights come on! (all the warning lights and the illumination) is it the wrong dash or do i need to program it or is there a way to install?

Thank you all!

·
Registered
42 Posts
What year and variation is your brother's 307? You will need to make sure you have the right dash i.e. pre or post facelift. Mine is post face-lift and looks like this:

(sorry about close up - I was taking a photo of the failed lights)

Whereas the pre-facelift one looks like this:

When I swapped mine it was just plug and play, no configuration needed. However, make sure you record the mileage before you change it - if the new cluster screws this up you'll have to pay to get it fixed. Mine bumped up the mileage by 30k on the day of its MOT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interesting. When I had a post facelift 307 my dials were white.
How strange. When I was on ebay all 01 to 05 dials were like the pre-facelift one, and then 06 onwards (including my 55 plate) showed the one I have.

I wonder if it has anything to do with trim level. Still ghanaman, let us know which one you have just in case ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so it was not the right one apparently the is a version number at the back or something along those lines, thankfully our dealer here swapped it for the right one straight away! Strange cause when i bought it i sent the chassis number and they sent me the wrong one...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts