Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Newbi here.

I've just bought a 307 5 door, 2002. It has a defective display on the stereo/trip computer dash. Some pixels are lit up and some blurr into others.

Is there an easy fix for this, like a reset?

Or is it time for a new display?

Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
probably faulty bulbs not display

Hi

just pull the display panel up at the front edge and it will pop out, it needs quite a bit of pressure to get it to pop out but it will. When you turn it around to look at the back of the display you will see the back of 3 or 4 small bulbs (can't remember exact qty of bulbs). It's normally just a quarter turn and they will pull out.:thumb:

Replacements can be found at Halfords for about £4 for 2 bags of 2 bulbs.:letsprty:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Changed bulbs as two were blown, but the display is still defective, although its a lot brighter.

Think I need a new display, anyone have an idea of how much one might cost?

ta

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I'd share this.

I phoned Peugeot and found that a replacement Multifunction display would be £97 ex VAT and would need to be "programmed" for about £40!!

I found one on E-bay for £26 delivered.

It didn't need any programming, just plug and play, all I had to do is set the language, date and time.

Main dealers = Rip off merchants

·
Registered
5 Posts
seems to be a peugoet fault wid 307s...mines like it too only rly bad in day time...the middle of it and certain bits of the display dont seem to show in day...at night its spot on,

TBH if its a common fault the main dealer should fix it for free!!! but thats never gonna hapen :-(

·
Registered
72 Posts
So there are no screws holding the MFD into the top of the dash? thanks

steve m said:
Hi

just pull the display panel up at the front edge and it will pop out, it needs quite a bit of pressure to get it to pop out but it will. When you turn it around to look at the back of the display you will see the back of 3 or 4 small bulbs (can't remember exact qty of bulbs). It's normally just a quarter turn and they will pull out.:thumb:

Replacements can be found at Halfords for about £4 for 2 bags of 2 bulbs.:letsprty:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Screen display not showing well

Hi, Where can i get a screen display to buy to replace the current one I have, because the one I have does not show well and has ink stains on the glass... Are there any other cheap alternatives besides ebay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine is faulty too all bulbs are working it lights up perfect but the digits are fading in a lot of places after about 15 mins of driving worse in summer.

Can anyone help in with finding one that doesn't have this fault?
Would a display from a Citroen C5 2003 work as they seem to be the same 18 pin plug

My Car is a 307 1.4 HDi 2003 with the 18 pin plug on the back of the MFD

·
12,684 Posts
Do you have a pic of yours? You're not far from fellow member pr1vatepiles. I'll take over my spare display at the weekend that I'm selling and you're welcome to try it.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I've had to replace the displays on both of the 307's I've owned. First was a facelift model and bought the replacement from a breakers yard for £25. My current pre-facelift was replaced with a unit taken from a car someone was breaking.

If you buy from a breakers just make sure they will take it back and either replace or refund if it doesn't work.

Many to be found on ebay but they are as rare as hens teeth on Amazon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is what mine looks like: Electronics Electronic device Technology

I bought this newer one from ebay paid £40 for it hoping it would fit mine but when I took mine apart the plug on mine was 18 pin and the one I just bought has 12 pins! so have lost money on that.

anyone need one of these: [/ATTACH]

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts