Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was going to change my dash clock in a 307 hdi xsi as the temperature does not work.

I have got a replacment from the scrap yard but when i put it in, i get all kinds of problems air bag warnings as well as many others, it doesnt read any mileage or fuel or revs or any of it will not work?

Is there a certain way you need to change this?

I have searched but cant find anything on this?

·
Registered
14,631 Posts
You need one from a car with the same spec also there are different versions of BSI fitted to 307s and this must also match they are a minefield

Are you sure the temp fault is not just a sender or wiring fault

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am sure this was from a different 307, the car was not a 136 xsi hdi like mine. It connected the same and looked the same and tbh i didnt think there would be much to be a problem, thought at most a part i could change from one to the other and have it working.

Sure its broke, as i took the needle of as it was not sitting right, since i have re-fitted the needle it will not move at all.

Thanks for your help anyway, looks like i have no use for the new clocks.

Terry

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sure its broke, as i took the needle of as it was not sitting right, since i have re-fitted the needle it will not move at all.

Terry
When you refitted the needle did you push it back on too far?
I push the rev counter on a Astra in too far and it would not move!
Try pulling the needle out a bit see if that works

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Nope they are pcb and part of a full circuit.

I would get someone to connect to your car and do live data on the temperature sensor. It could be the fact the sensor or wiring has corroded

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

S

·
0 Posts
I'm assuming you know that if the new speedo unit has a higher mileage than your current one then that's what it will display, and it will also save that to the car so even if you put your old one back in you will see the higher mileage!

Just something to watch out for :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I'm having same problem with clocks looks like I'm going to have to change ecu bsi transponder and clocks crazy :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts